For many people out there, coffee is a staple in their morning routine, with coffee machines used often to make a hot cup of one’s favorite brew.
However, coffee machines can take up a great deal of space on a kitchen counter, which is where under cabinet coffee makers come in. Let us look at some of our top picks to find the best under cabinet coffee maker available.
at a glance: Best Under Cabinet Coffee Maker
What to Consider Before Buying an Under Cabinet Coffee Maker
How to choose a coffee maker
Coffee makers, while they perform the same function, can have large differences which may make them suitable for you and your needs.
The size of the unit can affect how much free space you have available on your kitchen counter. Some kitchens have smaller countertops than others, so the size of a unit is something you need to consider.
Under-counter coffee makers are defined as coffee makers that can attach to the underside of your kitchen cabinets or stand below 14 inches. These units can easily fit into smaller spaces and will not take up needed space in your kitchen.
What are the Benefits of an Under Cabinet Coffee Maker?
There are many benefits that you could take advantage of when using an under-cabinet coffee maker. The main benefit is the space you can save on your kitchen counter by using a smaller unit as the height will allow the coffee machine to be slotted under a cabinet and the width will ensure there is extra space on the counter itself.
Using a coffee machine itself has numerous advantageous aside from the size. You can save a great deal of money by brewing coffee at home instead of going out to your local coffee shop to get your daily fix.
This does come after the initial investment in a unit, although in the long run, you should be able to save more money.
Attributes that Differentiate Under Cabinet Coffee Makers
The type of brewing system of the machine can affect your choice as there is a differentiation between machines that work with coffee pods, beans, or grounds.
Therefore, the system that the unit operates with differs between brands, so you need to ensure the unit you buy is compatible with the type of coffee you want to use.
The sizing of the coffee machine can also differ as some are bulkier than others. Smaller units exist where there is simply a coffee brewing system without a milk frother.
Larger units can hold more water and may produce other types of coffee like cappuccinos and lattes that you could not make with a smaller unit.
What’s the Best Way to Use This Product?
Most coffee machines are sold by brands with a certain coffee type suggested. These can include machines that work with coffee pods with most brands selling their brew of coffee in compatible pods.
You would need to investigate which machines have limitations on which pods you can use with them as this will limit the ease of use.
If you prefer drinking coffee from freshly ground coffee beans or whole coffee beans, you will need to look for a machine that is compatible with these items.
Some coffee machines come with a coffee grinder which will allow you to buy whole beans and grind them from the comfort of your home.
5 Best Under Cabinet Coffee Makers
1. SHARDOR Coffee Maker, 10-Cup Programmable Drip Coffee Machine
- Touch Screen Control: Shardor has made this machine with a touchscreen display that is easy to clean and has no buttons which could risk breaking.
- Programmable: You can program this coffee machine to brew your coffee at a certain time. This can be done up to a day in advance, allowing you to wake up to freshly brewed coffee with little effort.
- No paper filters needed: The unit comes with a permanent filter and measuring spoon which allows you to add the desired amount of ground coffee into the filter with ease. This has the additional benefit of reducing your daily waste as you will not be disposing of filters every day.
- The coffee lid adds height: To reach the coffee filter, you need to open the top of the coffee machine which can add extra height to your unit. This will take up more space so you need to make sure it will fit properly under your cabinets.
if you are someone who loves home-brewed coffee and wants to be able to have it available when you want it, the SHARDOR Programmable Coffee Maker may be the best option for you. At an affordable price, this coffee machine has many benefits.
With a keep-arm and auto-off function, you can keep your coffee warm for up to 2 hours, and will automatically shut off after 2 hours if you forget to turn the unit off.
Durability and Materials
Made from stainless steel, this coffee machine will stand against frequent and long-term use. Stainless steel is an anticorrosive material that does not rust and is ideal for producing a machine that will be exposed to water or liquids. This unit will last for a long time and will be well worth the price.
One of the more affordable coffee machines on this list, the Shardor Coffee Maker is available for approximately $50 making it a budget-friendly option for someone wanting to make their coffee at home.
This is an item you could buy that, while it will cost money in the beginning, will save you money in the long run as you will not need to buy coffee from a coffee shop anymore.
With dimensions of 10,8 by 7,7 by 14,9 inches, this is a compact coffee machine that will not take up too much space on your countertop.
This width (7,7 inches) means it will fit in smaller spaces on your counter with the only element that sticks out is the handle of the coffee jug.
2. Hamilton Beach Programmable Coffee Maker
- Programmable: This unit is easily programmable, allowing you to prepare your coffee beforehand. The feature can be a lifesaver if you are someone who likes to wake up to freshly brewed coffee without needing to make too much effort first thing.
- Automatic shutoff: If you are making your coffee while rushing out the door, there is a chance that you forget to turn the unit off. The automatic shutoff will ensure it is turned off after some time, preventing any disasters that could occur.
- Easy fill: The coffee machine can be filled from the front, meaning there is no risk of additional height being added to the machine by opening from the top.
- Buttons that can break: With something like buttons, there is always the risk that they can be pushed too hard and will sink into the machine. This is something you need to think about before buying this unit.
Hamilton Beach has created a coffee maker with programmable front access, making for easy coffee brewing. The unit comes in black and includes a water filter that can hold 96 ounces of water.
You can make coffee with this machine in 3 ways, bold brews, regular brews, and 1 to 4-cup brews. This allows you to make 12 cups of coffee with a smaller serving size.
Durability and Materials
Made from glass and plastic, this unit is not likely to erode or collect rust as both materials are rust-resistant. This improves the life span of the coffee maker, ensuring it remains effective and works well over the long run.
At an approximate price of $60, this is another affordable coffee machine option that will last a long time, effectively saving you money. You will be able to make your favorite coffee at home so you will save money from not buying it elsewhere.
This coffee machine has dimensions of 7,95 by 12,9 by 13,9 inches making it a compact and shorter unit. It will save counter space as the width of 12,9 inches will take up little space on your counter and will reduce the amount of clutter in your kitchen.
3. Keurig K-Supreme Coffee Maker, Single-Serve K-Cup Pod Coffee Brewer
- Descale reminders: Descaling your coffee machine is something people forget to do. This unit reminds you to descale after every 250 brews ensuring the machine keeps working effectively and efficiently.
- Multistream Technology: The Keurig coffee machine has multiple streams to evenly saturate your coffee grounds to extract the full flavor of the beverage and ensure the full taste of the drink.
- Additional height: when lifting the lid to place your coffee pod within the unit, there is an additional 4,8 inches of height so you will need to make sure there is space under your cabinet to open the pod easily.
Keurig is a well-known brand of coffee machine makers and coffee pod makers. If you are looking for a somewhat affordable brewing option and know of Keurig’s coffee, this K-Supreme Coffee Maker may be a good option for you.
The Keurig K-Supreme is compatible with Keurig’s line of coffee pods and as such cannot be used with other coffee machine pods from other brands.
However, this unit is compatible with Keurig’s my K-Cup Universal Reusable Coffee Filter which allows you to use your ground coffee from other brands making it more versatile.
Many brands use Keurig and whose coffee can be used in a Keurig machine including McCafé, Starbucks, and Dunkin. These brands all sell ground coffee which you can use in your K-Supreme allowing you to have a wider coffee selection available as you want.
Durability and Materials
Made from plastic and metal, this coffee brewing system is durable and is likely to stand against long-term and frequent use. The plastic will not erode when exposed to water and the metal unit has been treated to avoid rusting and erosion.
The Keurig system is a more affordable option, at an average price of approximately $100 making it less of a bank-breaking coffee machine option. The price of this unit equates to approximately 33 cups of coffee which means it will save you money in the long run.
Keurig K-Supreme has a water reservoir that can hold 66 US fluid ounces of water which is equivalent to approximately 66 shots of coffee.
This reservoir is a dual-position feature that can be moved easily to free counter space when needed. Easily removable, this reservoir makes it easy to clean around the coffee machine and refill it effortlessly.
With dimensions of 14,4 by 14,8 by 10,1 inches, this unit is compact and can fit easily under a kitchen cabinet without taking up area space on your kitchen counter. The coffee spout has space under it to fit travel mugs and taller coffee cups, up to 7 inches tall.
4. Technivorm Moccamaster 53945 KBGV Coffee Maker
- Brew Volume Selector: You can choose the volume of coffee you would like to brew using a single use, ensuring that you are not making too much coffee when it is not needed.
- Quiet: This coffee brewer is quiet and will not make unnecessary noise if it is being used in an office space where noise can be bothersome.
- Automatic shutoff: Once the water level has been depleted in the water reservoir, the unit will automatically shut off preventing possible damage from occurring.
- High price point: At an approximate price of $287, this coffee maker is an expensive purchase and should be bought with careful consideration of the benefits you would get from it.
The Technivorm Moccamaster is the ideal coffee maker for someone wanting to produce a great deal of coffee at once, either for an office space or for frequent coffee dates with friends and family at home. This unit comes in a variety of colors to suit the décor in your kitchen.
Technivorm is a powerful coffee maker and can make 40 ounces of freshly brewed coffee in 4 to 6 minutes. This means you do not have to wait too long to have a fresh cup of coffee and is ideal for large events where a lot of coffee is needed in a short time.
There are approximately 10 cups of coffee in 40 ounces meaning it is effective and quick.
Durability and Materials
The 53945 is made from durable plastic which will last against frequent use and will not rust or erode over that time. There are many colors available for the outside of the coffee machine including red, black, yellow, and green as well as 17 other options.
At a price of approximately $287, this coffee machine is the priciest on this list and would be an investment piece. It is ideal for somewhere that would get a lot of use from it like an office with a kitchenette attached for staff and employees.
Technivorm has dimensions of 6,5 by 12,75 by 14 inches meaning it takes up more space on a countertop but can fit under a cabinet. The one downside is that the water and coffee need to be filled from the top meaning you need to ensure there is room to maneuver before buying it.
5. Lavazza Expert Coffee Classy Plus Single Serve ALL-IN-ONE
- Used coffee pods easily dealt with: Coffee pods that have been used are automatically ejected from the machine into a used pod draw which can hold up to 7 capsules.
- Easy clean: the water tank, used pod drawer, milk frothing jug, and cup support grid are easily removable to allow you to clean the machine and its components.
- Easy to use: Lavazza has created this machine to indicate when it needs to be descaled and will automatically descale once you have selected this option. Further, this brewing unit has a short heat time, with only 40 seconds required to get the unit ready.
- Only works with Lavazza Expert Capsules: This is not a coffee machine that you can use with any coffee pod, like Starbucks or Nescafe, and as such you would need to know beforehand that you like Lavazza coffee pods.
If you are looking for a fancier coffee machine that can produce a variety of drink types, this Lavazza espresso and coffee brewer might be a good option for you.
The Lavazza coffee machine is marketed as an all-in-one machine, able to make a wide variety of coffees. This includes espressos, lungo, 8-ounce coffees, macchiatos, cappuccinos, and lattes.
With an additional milk frother, you can make a coffee-shop beverage at home without needing to pay for a hot drink at a coffee shop.
Durability and Materials
Made from thermoplastic and metal, this machine is built to withstand frequent use and exposure to liquids. This is however contained to the inner parts of the machine, so you should avoid getting liquids on the electrical components of the coffee maker.
A Lavazza coffee machine has a higher price point, at approximately $239 per unit. This is an item you would need to consider thoroughly before purchasing as it may not be within everyone’s budget.
The water container can hold 42 US fluid ounces which is equivalent to approximately 42 shots of coffee. The milk frother has indicators on the side that show how much milk to fill it with to make a certain drink, with a macchiato containing less milk than a latte. The unit is 5,7 by 15 by 11 inches making it smaller than a regular-sized coffee machine.
Best Under Cabinet Coffee Makers – Conclusion
Given the popularity of coffee as a morning beverage, coffee machines are being used more often within homes and offices.
As we have discussed, these machines can take up space on an already cluttered kitchen table. We have looked at some of our top picks to find the best under cabinet coffee maker which is suitable for you and your needs.
If you are looking for a coffee machine that only takes coffee grounds, Hamilton Beach, Shardor, and Technivorm are all good options. For coffee pod use Keurig and Lavazza are the better options with Keurig having the additional option of being able to use ground coffee.
The most affordable coffee machine on this list is the Shardor unit at approximately a price of around $50 while the most expensive is the Technivorm Moccamaster at a price of approximately just under $300.
If the biggest consideration for you is size, the Keurig is the best option height-wise while the Shardor is better in terms of counter space.
Overall, the best under-the-cabinet coffee machine for you will be the one that fits your budget, fits the space you intend for it to go to, and is one you will use enough to get a true benefit from it. It truly depends on what you are looking for in a coffee machine.