Smeg is a high-end producer of electronic appliances, and they have developed a very good reputation for manufacturing high-quality goods ranging from ovens and refrigerators to dishwashers and coffee makers.
They have a number of different stylish coffee machines to choose from, and owning a Smeg coffee machine is a great way to add a touch of class and style to your kitchen. These machines are also built using very high-quality materials and hardware, making them very durable and capable of making top-tier cups of coffee each morning.
There are a handful of different models in Smeg’s lineup of coffeemakers to choose from, and selecting the best option for your needs comes down to weighing the most important factors of each machine and taking a look at which option is best suited for your lifestyle.
Choosing the Right High End Coffee Maker
When it comes to upscale and high-end coffee makers, there is no shortage of options to choose from. There are many different companies that specialize in producing different styles of home coffee makers, and Smeg is one of the most unique in terms of look and design style.
Look and Style
One of the first things that jump out to the majority of people when they take a look at a Smeg coffee maker for the first time is the fact that they are all very visually stunning.
This is true of all Smeg appliances, as they have developed their own unique style and brand of retro-inspired machines.
Having a Smeg appliance in your home instantly adds a touch of class to the room, and aesthetics were clearly at the forefront of the designers’ minds when building Smeg’s line of different coffee and espresso machines.
Each model of Smeg coffee maker is available in a wide variety of different color finishes, and the company sticks to a classy palette of pastel tones that work in contrast with metallic trim finishes for a look reminiscent of an old Chevrolet or Cadillac car.
Another aspect of Smeg’s line of coffee makers that sets them apart from the crowd in terms of look and aesthetics is the use of rounded edges and clean lines to achieve a beautiful profile.
Each machine is unique in terms of shape, and there are no other coffee or espresso makers on the market that look quite like Smeg machines.
Features and Capabilities
Smeg coffee machines come equipped with all of the features one would expect from a high-end coffee maker, without any unnecessary bells and whistles that tend to complicate some less thoughtfully designed options on the market.
For example, there are two different brew strengths to choose from with Smeg’s most popular drip coffee maker, the DCF. While there are other options on the market that feature more versatility in terms of brew strength, the design focus in Smeg machines prioritizes simplicity and quality over extra features.
With that being said, every model of Smeg coffee and espresso maker on the market today is up to the industry standard in terms of features and capabilities. They can do everything other machines in their category are capable of while striving to provide better quality and durability in a very aesthetically pleasing package.
Quality and Durability
One of the best parts of owning a Smeg coffee maker, or any appliance by the Smeg company for that matter, is the peace of mind that comes with knowing you own a high-quality machine that is very durable and will be functional for years to come.
Many coffee enthusiasts and Smeg machine owners claim that the quality of coffee with Smeg machines is some of the best they have ever tasted.
They are also all designed using high-quality parts and hardware to ensure that your machine will be fully operational even after thousands of brew cycles.
Smeg is a very highly regarded Italian manufacturer that has been in business since the year 1948. They have developed a very good reputation worldwide for making high-quality appliances that are as durable as they are visually appealing.
Another great thing about choosing a coffee machine that is made by the Smeg company is their fantastic reputation for customer service. Helpful customer service representatives are on hand seven days a week to help Smeg customers with everything from simple maintenance to replacement parts and warranty claims.
Retailer and Delivery
Smeg appliances are not available for purchase directly from the manufacturer and are instead sold by a select number of large retailers. One of the most popular retailers that carry the Smeg line of coffee and espresso machines is Crate and Barrel, which has a good reputation for stocking high-quality homeware and kitchen products.
Crate and Barrel also has a good reputation for using reliable shipping methods as well and shipping orders out promptly. For those who prefer to take their coffee maker home immediately, there are also brick-and-mortar Crate and Barrel stores located all over the United States.
Quick Overview: Our Top Picks for Best Smeg Coffee Maker
|Smeg Retro Style Coffee Maker Machine||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
|Smeg BCC01BLUS Fully Automatic Coffee Machine||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
|Smeg Fully Automatic Coffee Machine with Steam||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
|Smeg ECF01CRUS Espresso Coffee Machine||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
Top 4 Smeg Coffee Makers
1. Smeg DCF02 Retro Style Coffee Makers
The Smeg DCF02 line of drip filter coffee machines is one of the most recognizable and popular offerings in the company’s line of coffee makers. It features a unique egg-like profile that helps it stand out from the crowd, and the smeg logo is beautifully displayed with a metallic finish across the front.
There are eight different color finishes to choose from with this popular high-end drip coffee machine, and options range from simple and basic like black and gray to shiny and “loud” like stainless steel and blue pastel. Cream is one of the company’s top-selling color finishes, and it is one of the color palettes in that Smeg is best known.
This machine features three different water hardness settings to help it function optimally within your individual environment, and there is also an alarm that alerts you when it is time to deep clean and decalcify the machine.
There is also an auto brew feature on each DCF02 machine, which allows owners to have their morning coffee automatically brew at a preselected time. Another thoughtful feature is the ability to turn the alarm sound on and off which alerts you when coffee is finished.
- Beautifully designed with a unique rounded profile that is similar to the shape of an egg
- Available in eight different color finishes ranging from simple to colorful
- Full of industry-standard features like auto brew feature and keep warm function
- Can be adjusted based on water hardness for maximum durability
- High-quality glass carafe keeps coffee very hot and is simple to clean
- One of the most aesthetically pleasing coffee makers on the market today
- Not all people enjoy the “loud” and bright colors and design
- There are other machines on the market that showcase more high-tech features
- Unique and bold designs do not fit in with the interior design themes of all kitchens
2. Smeg BCC01 Automatic Coffee Machines
The Smeg BCC01 line of automatic coffee machines represents a major jump up from more simple coffee machines in terms of both design quality and functionality. These machines are capable of making fresh coffee each morning from full coffee beans.
One of the best features of this high-end line of automatic coffee makers is the fact that the coffee bean reservoir is integrated into the top of the machine’s lid. This reservoir is placed directly over the machine’s grinder, allowing gravity to help the beans trickle downward during each use.
This sleek and modern-looking machine has a rectangular profile, and all of the settings and buttons can be accessed from the top of the machine. It showcases simple one-touch controls that make it simple and quick to select your beverage settings each morning.
In terms of design, the Smeg company has done a great job of balancing retro design elements like their traditionally styled logo with a more modern look.
At first glance, this machine looks like a high-end espresso maker, and it blends in well with just about every different kitchen.
- Simple one-touch controls make this a very easy machine to operate
- Features an integrated coffee bean hopper and high-quality grinder
- Heats up very quickly compared to other similar machines on the market
- Balances retro design elements with more modern sensibilities
- Comes with a water hardness test strip to help customers dial in the proper settings
- Balances simplicity with quality for a well-rounded automatic coffee machine
- Does not feature a milk frother or any other steaming components
- Some people prefer more colorful and brighter machines from the Smeg company
- Has a fairly limited amount of drink options compared to other models on the market
3. Smeg BCC02 Automatic Coffee Machines
When it comes to versatility, there are few options on the market today that can offer more than the Smeg BCC02 line of machines. It is fully equipped to make everything from traditional-style “long coffee” to cafe-style espresso-based drinks like lattes and cappuccinos.
One of the best features of the Smeg BCC02 line of machines is the fact that there is a built-in milk frother on the front of the machine. This sleek and stylish coffee wand is both powerful and simple to use, and it puts this automatic coffee and espresso machine over the top for many customers.
Like the more simplistic BCC01 models, the BCC02 automatic coffee machines are available in four different color finishes. Being able to choose between black, red, white, and taupe when it comes to color options allows all customers to find an option suitable to their design styles.
At the heart of this high-quality automatic coffee machine is a high-quality 19-bar pressure pump that allows the machine to fully extract all the flavor and essential oils from espresso beans during each use. This is on par with some of the top home-based machines on the market and allows for high-quality coffee and espresso drinks.
- Integrated bean hopper is built into the lid for a sleek look
- Boxy and rectangular profile fits well into most kitchens
- Available in four different color finishes that are each very stylish
- Maximum versatility from a home machine allows for espresso and coffee
- Automatic steaming wand makes it easy to construct lattes and cappuccinos
- 19 bar pressure pump is very powerful and makes very high-quality espresso
- A relatively large and bulky machine compared to more simple options
- Does not feature any high-tech features like Bluetooth or Wifi connectivity
- Some people prefer espresso machines that feature automatic milk frothers
4. Smeg ECF01 Espresso Machines
The ECF01 line of espresso machines from the Smeg company represents some of the most stylish and visually appealing espresso machines ever produced with the intention of at-home use. It showcases a 15-bar pressure pump, making it quite the mighty machine considering its moderate size.
This sleek espresso machine is available in seven different color finishes that vary greatly in terms of style and look. Fans of more traditional machines will be drawn to the black and chrome versions, while those who enjoy colorful machines are likely to choose the pink or pastel-green versions.
This powerful and stylish espresso machine heats up very quickly and is extremely simple to operate. This makes it possible to achieve cafe-level espresso from the comfort of your own home without sacrificing in terms of aesthetics and style.
- Features the unique and beautiful finishes expected from the Smeg company
- 15 bar pressure pump allows for full espresso bean extraction
- Thin body and minimalist design make this a very modern-looking machine
- Makes very high-quality espresso drinks with adjustable temperature settings
- Machine can be adjusted based on water hardness
- Does not showcase any milk steamer or frother for cappuccinos
- Limited in terms of different drink options and variety
- A fairly expensive machine considering the straightforward features
Smeg is a highly respected producer of kitchen appliances, and their line of espresso and coffee machines allows customers to enjoy very high-quality coffee drinks from the comfort of their own homes without sacrificing in terms of design and style.
While there are many different options to choose from, the Smeg BCC02 line of automatic coffee and espresso machines is the most versatile offering from the Smeg company to date.
Click here to take a look at the Smeg BCC02 line of automatic coffee and espresso machines, and see for yourself if it is a good fit for your needs and lifestyle!