Tequila is a clear and strong alcoholic spirit that is most often drunk in cocktails, flavored drinks, or as a shot with salt and a lime wedge.
In this article, we will give you some advice for picking a memorable gift as well as our choices for the best gifts for tequila lovers.
- Tequila Agave Decanter and Glasses Set
- Margarita Cocktail Kit by The Cocktail Box Co
- Tequila Shot Glass Sugar Skull Wooden Box Set
- Cantaritos de Barro Cocktail Kit
- Tequila Tasting and Sipping Glasses
What to consider before buying a tequila-based gift
How to choose a gift for a tequila lover
First look at what they may need. If they like to make cocktails but do not have a cocktail shaker, then you have a starting point for gift ideas.
Next, set your budget and try to stick to it as much as possible. If you are someone who struggles with money, spending too much on a gift will just give you anxiety and distract you from the reason for the gift.
Once you have an idea of what they may need and what your budget is, shop around a bit until you find a gift that meets both criteria. This is the easiest way to buy a gift for a tequila-lover that will be used and will show your appreciation.
What are the benefits of a tequila-centric gift?
You already know your loved one loves tequila, meaning they are more likely to appreciate a gift that incorporates their favorite beverage. Recognizing whether there is a gap in their collection, or they are missing something will show that you have put thought into your gift, making it more personal.
If there is a personal element to the gift, your loved one is more likely to hold onto the gift as there is a sentimental meaning to it and an emotional attachment. Personal and thought-out gifts show your appreciation for your loved one more than a standard gift that you would buy a colleague or acquaintance.
Things to look for in a tequila-based gift
You want to look at the quality of the product. It is no good buying a gift that will not last through frequent use or general wear-and-tear. Similarly, you want to ensure it is a gift that your loved one will use. You do not want to buy a gift that will be used once and then packed away for the rest of the time.
Finding a gift that your loved one will use will ensure that there is value for money and that what you spend on the gift will not be a waste.
Finally, you want to look at whether there is a need for the item you are purchasing. For instance, if your loved one already has 3 sets of shot glasses, it may not be the best decision to buy another set of shot glasses.
5 Best Gifts for Tequila Lovers
1. Tequila Agave Decanter and Glasses Set
- Beautiful presentation: Each of the 6 sipping shot glasses has a small glass tequila plant on the bottom in a variety of colors. The decanter has a similar tequila plant in the middle in a dark green glass, giving the entire set a fun and festive feel. With a rounded shape, this decanter naturally aerates your beverage and has a glass stopper to prevent evaporation or spills.
- Good quality material: The set is made using Borosilicate glass, which is lead-free, BPA-free, and hypoallergenic material. It is easy to clean and is less likely to carry any allergens or bacteria once it has been cleaned thoroughly.
- Good talking point: The unique design of the glasses and decanter is sure to get your guests talking and is a great way to display your style and appreciation of the origins of tequila.
- High price point: Although the set includes 6 sipping shot glasses and a decanter, it comes with a price tag of approximately $60 which may be out of your budget. Before purchasing, make sure you know whether your loved one will use this set and whether it has enough value for the price.
The origin of tequila is rooted in Mexico, a place known for its cacti and agave. This tequila decanter and tequila glasses set is a fun option for a tequila-lover who likes to display their favorite spirit on their bar cart or in their kitchen.
2. Margarita Cocktail Kit by The Cocktail Box Co
- ✔️FUN GIFT - Our Handcrafted Cocktail Kits make the perfect gifts for both women and men during any occasion or celebration! Mix your favourite Vodka, Gin, Whisky, or Champagne to make great...
- ✔️ BEST IN-FLIGHT TRAVEL ACCESSORIES - Ideal for airplane rides, hotel rooms and on the go excursions. Take this travel cocktail kit drink set wherever you like with its compact portable sized...
- ✔️SERVICE GUARANTEE - We promise to send a replacement or refund if there are ever any issues with cocktail kit. Your satisfaction is our #1 priority and we live by this motto.
- ✔️GREAT EXPERIENCE - It's not just a gift, it's an experience! Each cocktail kit provides the premium ingredients needed to prepare 3 perfectly tasting (and Instagrammable) Margarita cocktails
- ✔️QUALITY COCKTAILS – Our cocktails are developed and tested by experienced bartenders and mixologists. The Margarita is sour and sweet with the distinct agave flavor from tequila. The Margarita...
- Affordable price: At a cost of approximately $23 per kit, this gift option will not break the bank and your loved one will get value for money. You can make 3 cocktails using this kit which adds up to roughly what you would pay at a restaurant or high-quality bar.
- Multiple additions: included in this kit are 3 pouches of margarita syrup, 3 pouches of cocktail lime juice, 3 cocktail picks, a long-handled muddler spoon, the metal tin within in which the items can be stored, and 2 bottles of Scrappy’s bitters. Finally, there is a linen coaster on which you can rest your cocktail glass.
- Includes recipes: The kit comes with a recipe to make the ‘perfect’ margarita with easy-to-follow instructions for the beginner bartender to practice.
- Does not include tequila: If you are wanting to give this kit to a loved one and have them use it as soon as they receive it, you will need to purchase a bottle of tequila as an additional item before gifting it.
If your loved one is someone who likes consuming their tequila in a cocktail, then a margarita cocktail set is a good gift option. It allows your loved one to go through the process of making their cocktail from home while incorporating their favorite spirit into the gift.
3. Tequila Shot Glass Sugar Skull Wooden Box Set
- COMPLETE LUXURY TEQUILA SHOT GLASS SET - The Atterstone Sugar Skull Tequila Shot Glass Box set includes 4 heavy based 2oz shot glasses, salt tin (salt not included), a sugar skull engraved mini stone...
- PREMIUM SHOT GLASS SET - All glassware included is food grade, lead-free luxury crystal. You will experience the quality and heft that the glassware offers every time you lift and feel the heft of...
- GARNISH KNIFE, CUTTING BOARD & SALT TIN INCLUDED - The included Garnish knife and cutting board are perfect for slicing limes, lemons, or your favorite cocktail side for a tequla chaser. The round...
- CANDY SKULL DESIGNED BOX - The Candy Skull or Calavera is proudly displayed on the front top lid of the tequila wooden box. The design is also etched on the cuting board that comes with the set,...
- SPOIL A GENTLEMAN IN YOUR LIFE WITH THE BEST GIFT - The Atterstone Sugar Skull Tequila Shotglass Box Gift Set is the #1 gifting idea for Christmas, Father's Day, groomsmen or any occasion. Treat a...
- All-inclusive: Included in this kit are 4 heavy-based shot glasses which can hold 2-ounces of tequila each, a salt tin (the salt is not included), a garnishing knife, and a sugar skull engraved mini cutting board.
- Quality materials: The cutting board is made from stone and will last against frequent use as it is a durable material. The glasses are made with food-grade, a lead-free luxury crystal that is clear and will look good on your loved one’s bar cart of tequila display.
- Beautiful presentation: This set comes in a sturdy wooden box with a sugar skull engraved on the lid. The box is ideal to keep the contents protected when stored, improved by the padded inner lining which has indentations to easily slot the various pieces of the kit into place.
- High price point: At a cost of approximately $70, this box set should be bought with careful consideration. Think about whether you are willing to spend this money on the box set and whether your loved one will get enough value from the kit to explain the price point.
For someone who likes the process of taking and making shots, this sugar skull set is a good gift idea. It contains the various items you need to make the perfect shot and enhance the tequila-drinking experience for your loved one.
4. Cantaritos de Barro Cocktail Kit
- Artisanal design: These clay cups are handmade in Mexico by local ceramic artists which pay homage to the traditions behind drinking tequila. The cups are made from top-quality clay and finished with a special glaze that prevents any liquid from being absorbed.
- All-inclusive: Included in this kit are 2 ceramic cups which have been designed to maintain the cool temperature of a cocktail. A citrus hand juicer allows you to produce fresh fruit juice to include in the cocktail. Additionally, there is a bottle of chili salt and straws to use when drinking the cocktail.
- Designed for a specific cocktail: This kit has been designed to create a Cantaritos de Barro Cocktail which is a traditional cocktail made in Mexico. It is made by rimming the cup with lime juice and chili salt. Next squeeze fresh lime, lemon, and grapefruit juice into the cup and add a splash of grapefruit soda and tequila.
- Clay is not durable: The one downside to this cocktail kit is that the artisanal cups are made of clay. Clay is a material that breaks semi-easily if it is dropped or knocked against something (like a counter) and as such is not a durable product. This gift should be given to someone who does not have pets or children running around who may knock it onto the floor.
Tequila has a strong history and originates in Mexico. With this cocktail kit, your loved one can drink their favorite spirit while paying homage to the roots from which it was developed. Included in this kit is everything your loved one may need to make a traditional tequila cocktail.
5. Tequila Tasting and Sipping Glasses
- SPECIALTY VESSELS – for tasting, nosing, and sipping finest Blanco, Reposado, and Añejo Tequilas. Known to have more than twice identifiable flavor profiles as big red wine, tequila made from 100%...
- DISCOVER COMPLEX AROMAS – shaped into narrow bowls, these professional tequila tasting glasses were created to maximize the enjoyment of sipping young and aged tequilas. The slightly wider glass...
- TIMELESS ELEGANCE – developed with the help of award-winning glass masters and machine-blown from finest crystal glass, these seamless tequila sippers feature hand-polished rims and slender stems...
- EASY CARE – dishwasher friendly for quick and effortless cleaning.
- SOPHISTICATED GIFT – for any fine tequila lover. Every set of 4 snifter-tasting glasses comes neatly packed in our signature gift and storage box. The back shares a few smart tips for learning and...
- Clever design: the design of these glasses focuses on improving the experience of sipping tequila. With a long stem, you can hold this glass without warming the spirit with your body heat and the wider glass bottom allows the spirit to aerate and bring the natural aromas and flavor profiles of the tequila to the forefront.
- Easy to clean: These glasses can easily be cleaned by placing them in the dishwasher without risking the glass cracking or getting damaged.
- Beautiful presentation: These sipping glasses come in a sturdy box with a black silk inner lining. The black silk makes the crystal quality of the glasses stand out and allows the glasses to be stored safely to protect them from everyday damage or scratching.
- High price point: At a cost of approximately $43, these glasses are a bit pricier than others you may find on the market. However, the cost does reflect the quality of the glasses and their durability of them so, with some consideration, they may be worth the investment.
If your loved one is someone who prefers to drink premium tequila by sipping it rather than drinking a cheaper variety as a shot, this set of 4 sipping glasses is a good gift idea. Included in this set are 4 glasses that can hold 5,5 ounces of tequila at a time.
The best gifts for tequila lovers are the ones that they will use and gain value from.
Therefore, it is difficult to say which is the best overall as it depends on what your loved one needs and what they would prefer to receive. The tequila agave decanter is a good gift option for someone who prefers a fun and quirky way of displaying their favorite beverage.
If your loved one likes making cocktails at home and is a fan of a tequila-based margarita, the cocktail kit is a good gift idea as they can have fun by making their favorite cocktail at home. Meanwhile, the sugar skull wooden box set is a good gift option for someone who needs the tools required to improve their tequila-drinking experience.
For a loved one who likes to be reminded of the heritage of their favorite beverage, the Cantaritos de Barro Cocktail Kit is a good option as they can make their cocktail and sip it from a classic Mexican-themed cup.
Finally, the tequila-sipping glasses are a good gift option for someone who prefers sipping their tequila as opposed to taking it as a shot.
You should therefore consider what your loved one may not have and what they would like to receive to find the perfect and best gift for them. Hopefully, by looking at the best gifts for tequila lovers, you have some clarification and some ideas as to what to get your loved one for their next celebration.