For coffee lovers who enjoy variety when it comes to their morning cup of brew, finding a dual coffee machine that can make both pots of coffee and single serve from pods can be a game changer.
These machines are extremely versatile, and are built to suit the needs of a wide array of coffee lovers. In this article, we will take a closer look at what makes a good dual coffee maker, as well as highlight five of the best options available for purchase today.
at a glance: Best Dual Coffee Maker
Choosing the Right Dual Coffee Maker
The Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Trio was one of the first dual coffee makers to truly “break through” in terms of popularity in the United States, and it sent shockwaves through the coffee industry.
Today, there are a wide variety of different options to choose from, and we have broken down what makes a good dual coffee maker to help you select the best possible option.
Price and Budget
First, it is important to keep in mind that the price of a machine is often a good indicator of its quality, durability, and features.
The most affordable dual coffee makers usually have limited features, a smaller brewing capacity, and are made from less durable materials than their more expensive counterparts.
On the other end of the pricing spectrum, the most high end machines often showcase larger brewing capacities as well as more advanced features like upgraded temperature controls and customizable brewing profiles.
When shopping for a dual coffee maker it is important to set a budget and stick to it firmly. This helps narrow down the options and helps avoid overspending on features that you may not actually need.
It is also important to consider how often the machine will be used and how much coffee it will need to produce at a time, as these factors may influence the price point.
Size and Capacity
When it comes to the dual coffee makers available for purchase today, there are a wide range of different sizes and capacities to choose from. Larger machines can make sizable pots of coffee at a time, and are ideal for families with many coffee drinkers and office use.
On the other hand, there are smaller options that are ideal for individuals and small households who generally only need to make a few cups at a time and have limited storage space.
It is important to take a close look at the coffee consumption habits of your household before purchasing a new dual coffee machine, as this will help inform your decision on which size is best for your needs.
Features and Design
There is a significant gulf between the most basic and simple dual coffee makers on the market and the most high-tech options with the most features. Choosing the right option for your home comes down to weighing which features are most important to you, as well as which style of coffee maker you generally prefer.
Simpler models are designed for people who prioritize a machine that is easy to use. These machines generally showcase fewer buttons and options, making them a good choice for those who just want a basic coffee maker that makes their daily cup or pot quickly and efficiently.
Other people are looking for a more tailored experience with a machine that can be fully customized to their preferences. More high end models often come with programmable brew profiles, multiple cup size options, and built-in grinders, among other options.
When it comes to selecting the best dual coffee maker for your home, it is always a good idea to stick with a large and established trusted brand if possible. While some smaller “knock off” brands may offer lower prices, name brands usually offer better customer service and warranties.
Additionally, a well known brand is more likely to have tested their products rigorously, as well as boasting reputations for making high quality machines that are built to last. Lesser known brands, on the other hand, are more likely to cut corners in an effort to save on costs.
Opting for a well-known and established brand can offer peace of mind and reassurance that you’re making a smart investment. The difference in price between “name brand” and “off brand” is often $20 or less, so there is little reason not to stick with a powerhouse coffee brand.
Ease of Use
Ease of use is another crucial factor when it comes to choosing a dual coffee machine. In general, more high end options with advanced features tend to be more complex and harder to operate, while basic options are typically the simplest to use and keep clean.
Everything from the design of the machine such as the placement of buttons and controls to the clarity of the user manual contributes to a machine’s ease of use. Even the most high end dual coffee machine is rendered useless if you do not understand how to properly operate and maintain it.
High-tech dual coffee machines often require a more involved setup, which can be time-consuming and frustrating for some. Basic options, on the other hand, are usually easier to set up and use, making them great choices for those who prefer quick and simple setup and operation.
Quick Overview: Our Top Picks for Best Dual Coffee Maker
|Keurig K-Duo Plus||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
|Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Trio 2-Way||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
|Ninja CFP201 DualBrew System||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
|Cuisinart Single Serve + 12 Cup||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
|Gevi 4-in-1 Smart Pour-over||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
Top 5 Dual Coffee Makers on the Market Today
While there are dozens of different options to choose from when it comes to dual coffee makers today, only a handful of models have proven themselves to be high-quality and reliable options.
We have chosen five of the best options on the market today to help narrow the field in terms of suitable options for your home.
1. Keurig K-Duo Plus Coffee Maker
One of the first things that set the K-Duo Plus apart from the competition is its significant size and brew capacity. With a 60 ounce water reservoir, this popular machine can brew several cups of coffee at once without having to be refilled.
Another feature that is completely unique to this machine is the fact that the water reservoir is modular, and can be placed in one of three areas. The water reservoir can be used on the back of the machine or on either side to accommodate different tight spaces in kitchens.
It also showcases all of the features you would expect from a top-notch coffee maker like a programmable brew start time, so you can set it to start brewing before you even get out of bed. It also has built-in storage areas that are perfect for stashing away cleaning instruments and space K Cups.
Another thing that sets this particular model apart from some of the competition is the fact that it is compatible with the Keurig line of K Cups. Some of the top coffee brands in the world have partnered with Keurig to produce K Cups, including Starbucks, Dunkin’, and Peet’s Coffee.
- 60-ounce water reservoir is one of the most significant on the market
- Features a “strong” button to easily adjust brew strength
- Can accommodate a wide variety of different brew sizes
- Works with K Cups as well as ground coffee
- 12-cup carafe is insulated to help keep coffee warm over extended periods of time
- Relatively expensive compared to more simple dual coffee makers on the market
- One of the larger options on the market that is also fairly heavy
- Some people prefer options that feature glass carafes as opposed to metallic
2. Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Trio
On the opposite end of the size spectrum, the Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Trio is a compact option that introduced many people to the idea of a dual coffee maker when it was first introduced.
It uses a 12-cup coffee pot that is designed to be slim and fit into the moderately sized body of the machine.
There are a number of thoughtful features included on this top-selling machine, and a favorite of many is the unique mug area on the single-serve side of the machine.
It allows for 7 inches of vertical space, making it a perfect fit for taller coffee mugs and insulated tumblers.
- Uniquely designed single-serve area can accommodate taller mugs and tumblers
- Easy to clean with a number of different removable parts that are dishwasher safe
- Compact design fits a huge amount of features into a moderately sized package
- A simple machine to operate with straightforward and intuitive controls
- One of the most popular and recognizable dual coffee machines on the market
- Very affordable compared to other models with similar features
- Some customers have reported less-than-optimal single-serve coffee
- Only Hamilton Beach brand single-serve pods can be used
- This particular model has developed a reputation for wearing out over time
3. Ninja DualBrew System
The Ninja company has developed a very good reputation over the years for producing high-end durable kitchen appliances like benders and air fryers. The Ninja DualBrew System is a high-end dual coffee maker that is packed full of features in an aesthetically pleasing package.
The DualBrew System is equipped with Ninja’s patented Auto-iQ technology, which ensures each cup of coffee is brewed perfectly every time.
This technology is not found in all dual coffee makers, making the DualBrew System a great choice for coffee lovers who require consistent results.
- Brew strength selector that allows for an extra concentrated iced coffee option
- Compatible with K Cups which are very popular and readily available
- Can brew multiple different cup sizes for different styles of coffee
- Beautiful machine that fits in well with a variety of different kitchen styles
- Backlit number display is easy to read which makes operation easy
- Some customers have complained that this machine is a bit loud
- Some people prefer a coffee maker with a larger carafe
- One of the heavier options on the market with a package weight of over eight pounds
4. Cuisinart Single Serve + 12 Cup Coffee Maker
Cuisinart is one of the top producers of high-quality kitchenware in the entire world, and they have been producing high-quality coffee makers for many years.
The Cuisinart Single Serve + 12 Cup Coffee Maker showcases all of the features present on similar models in a recognizable package typical of Cuisinart machines.
One of the best features of Cuisinart coffee machines is the fact that they come equipped with charcoal coffee water filters. This helps to improve coffee taste and quality, and the filters can easily be replaced to extend the lifetime of the machine.
- Dedicated separate water reservoir for the single-serve side to maintain the correct fill level
- Comes with a charcoal water filter and a reusable mesh coffee filter
- Three different serving sizes to dial in your favorite brew strength
- 40-ounce removable water reservoir is sizeable yet sleek in design
- Features the classic aesthetic associated with Cuisinart Coffee machines
- Glass carafe excels at heat retention yet can become cracked or chipped if dropped
- 40-ounce water reservoir is 20 ounces less than some of the competition
- Not available in any other color finishes, and not all people like the silver finish
5. Gevi 4-in-1 Smart Pour-over Coffee Maker with Grinder
The Gevi 4-in-1 Smart Pour-over Coffee Maker is one of the most high-end home coffee stations available for purchase today. It is capable of doing everything from weighing and grinding whole coffee beans to brewing full carafes of coffee or a single cup of pour-over style brew.
This machine features some of the most interesting high-tech features of any coffee machine ever made, including a full-color digital display that is used to project a real-time diagram mapping out the flow patterns of your pour.
What puts this unique and high-tech machine into the “dual coffee maker” category is the fact that it can easily handle either single-serve or full-carafe quantities of coffee.
Other than that, this machine is very different from any of the others highlighted on this list and is far more expensive as a result of its deep list of features.
- One of the most high-tech dual coffee makers ever made
- Integrated scale and grinder make it simple to make coffee from whole bean
- Hourglass-shaped glass carafe is very stylish
- Aesthetically pleasing machine that should be displayed prominently
- Hot water spout is perfect for making tea and hot cocoa drinks
- One of the most expensive dual coffee makers at just under $700
- Steep learning curve compared to the other machines on this list
- Not a great fit for those who prefer simple coffee drinks
Best Dual Coffee Maker – Final Thoughts
More and more people have been preaching the benefits of owning a dual coffee maker to their friends and family each year, and sales of this style of machine have never been higher.
While there are a handful of different high-quality options to choose from today, the Keurig K-Duo Plus Coffee Maker is the best option for the widest variety of coffee enthusiasts.
Click here to take a look at this iconic K Cup-compatible machine, and see for yourself if it is a good fit for your needs and lifestyle.