Vodka is a clear alcoholic beverage that is most consumed as a shot or shooter, or as the base of a flavored cocktail. Some premium vodka brands specialize in creating a product that is perfect for sipping.
In this article, we are going to look at our top 5 picks of the best gifts for vodka lovers which will give you some ideas as to what to get your loved one for their next celebration.
at a glance: Our Top 5 Gifts for Vodka Lovers
What to consider before buying a gift for a lover of vodka
How to choose the best gift for a vodka lover
There are two main points to consider when buying a gift for a vodka lover: your price range and what they would appreciate receiving.
The easiest way to make you regret buying a gift for someone is spending too much on it. You are more likely to worry about the price of the gift and the amount you have spent than about the celebration the gift was bought for.
You also want to consider what your loved one would appreciate receiving. If they loved cocktails, finding a gift that incorporates vodka and cocktails is a good option.
Alternatively, if your loved one prefers sipping premium vodka, you should look for a gift that will enhance that experience for them.
What are the advantages of a vodka-related gift?
The primary advantage of buying a vodka-based gift is knowing your loved one will receive enough value from it to be worth the price you spent on the gift.
You do not want to buy a gift for a loved one that will end up sitting in a cupboard or will never be used. So, you need to consider what they will want or what they do not have and use that as a starting point for choosing the right gift.
Things to look for in a vodka-related gift
Beyond considering what they will use, there are several things to look for in a gift. Firstly, is the gift going to stand against the test of time, meaning, is it durable enough to last and give your loved one value? Is the price of the gift option worth the value that will be received from it?
If the gift is something that can only be used once but it has a high price point, this may not be the right option to go with. Finally, will the gift make their vodka experience better or will it involve an effort they do not want to make?
These are just a few considerations that you should think about before making your purchase.
Quick Overview: Our Top Picks for Vodka Lovers
10 Best Gifts for Vodka Lovers
1. Mule Science Moscow Mule Set of 4
- Affordable Price: you can buy this set of 4 Mule Mugs for approximately $30, making it an affordable option for most people. However, as previously discussed, you should ensure that these mugs are within your budget to avoid regretting this purchase.
- Durable Material: These mugs are made from copper which is a good heat conductor and a tough and malleable material. This makes it a good material to use for these mugs as it will last a long time without wearing down from frequent use.
- Treated: A proprietary tarnish resistance has been used to treat the outside of the mugs to maintain the solid, copper finish of these mugs. The inside has been left unlined to avoid altering the taste of your chosen beverage. This finish ensures a long life for your mugs even with frequent use.
- Handwash only: Given that these mugs are made from copper, although they have been treated, they should be hand washed only to maintain their quality and finish. This can be bothersome for some individuals, but it will ensure your mugs have a long life of use.
Available in copper or stainless steel, this set of 4, 16-ounce Moscow Mule Mugs has been produced by the Advanced Mixology Store. They are an excellent gift idea for vodka lovers as it makes for a conversation piece and an interesting concept to liven up your drinking experience.
2. DIY Kit for Homemade Vodka Flavor
- Everything you need to make a vodka infusion: this infusion kit comes with 2 glass bottles to store your vodka infusion, 12 botanicals to flavor the vodka, 2 lids, a stainless-steel jigger to measure out the vodka, and an instruction card to guide you through the process.
- Wide range of botanicals: there are 12 botanicals in this kit that are 100% natural and freshly sourced. Stored in glass tubes with cork lids, these botanicals include cinnamon bark, lavender, chamomile, hibiscus flowers, rosebuds, and more.
- Additional features: The glass bottles that come with the ki are pre-labeled and are an aesthetic way to store and display your homemade vodka infusion. These bottles can easily be cleaned after use and reused for the next infusion. The labels may not do well in a dishwasher, so handwashing is a good way to ensure they last.
- High price point: Although the kit contains multiple pieces to use in making a vodka infusion, it does come at a cost of approximately $60. Depending on the reason for buying the gift or how close you are to the recipient of the gift, this is something that should be bought after careful consideration.
Vodka is a semi-neutral alcoholic beverage which makes it a good option for making flavored drinks or cocktails. With this infusion kit, your loved one can make their flavored variation of vodka and gives them some additional fun.
3. HOST Freeze-Insulated Martini Cooling Cups
- Durable material: Aside from dishwashing, these glasses can last a long time under most conditions. The plastic will not crack in the freezer and is safe to use somewhat frequently. BPA-free plastic ensures a safer drinking experience, and the silicone should not be affected when the glass is placed in the freezer or hand-washed.
- Easy to use: The glasses can be placed in the freezer which will activate the gel within the plastic. The gel will turn white once it is frozen and will slowly become opaquer as it defrosts. Then, you can simply repeat the process when you want to use the glasses next.
- Ergonomic design: The grip of the glasses has been designed to fit comfortably in one’s hand and the silicone is soft enough to not make it uncomfortable to hold. Additionally, the silicone will prevent your hand from getting too cold when holding the glass.
- Handwash only: These martini glasses cannot be placed in the dishwasher as the acrylic plastic and silicone may not stand against the heat of the dishwasher. It does make it something additional to clean and can be a bother for some people.
Martinis are traditionally served chilled which makes these martini glasses a good gift idea. The design of the glasses will keep your vodka martinis chilled throughout your next party or celebration with friends without watering down the beverage with ice.
4. Vodka Serving Set – Shot Glass Holder
- Creative design: This shot glass holder has been designed with a space in the middle to fill with ice and 6 indentations for a shot glass (or an average size) to be placed within. The stainless steel will absorb the chill from the ice and will then go on to chill the beverage within the shot glasses.
- Durable material: Stainless steel is a durable material and is rust-resistant meaning that it will not rust when exposed directly to ice or moisture. Similarly, it is a neutral material that will not stand out or look tacky on a table at a party or displayed on a bar cart.
- Multiple uses: Aside from being used for vodka, this set can be used with all types of alcoholic shots and can even be used to keep caviar cool. Although it does not come with a caviar bowl, this kit can be used by placing the bowl in the large hole in the middle of the kit.
- High price point: This set comes with a price tag of approximately $60 and that may be higher than you are willing to spend on a gift. Ensure before purchasing that your loved one will use it often to make the value worth the price, and that you are comfortable spending that money on this set.
When you are at a party wanting to take shots, but the alcohol has warmed up, this may put you off. However, with this shot glass holder, that is not a problem.
It has space to hold 6 shot glasses and some ice, chilling your shots without watering down the beverage or requiring the whole bottle to be placed in the freezer.
5. Cocktail Shaker Set
- Everything you need to make cocktails: This kit includes 15 pieces all of which can be used to make cocktails. There is a stainless steel 25-ounce shaker, 2 dual jiggers, a muddler, ice tongs, a strainer, 2 liquor pourers, a long-handled spoon, 2 stainless steel ice cubes, a bamboo stand, a strainer, and a corkscrew.
- Durable materials: The items are all made with stainless steel which is a rust-resistant and durable material. Stainless steel is easy to clean and will not rust or leak when used frequently. Stainless steel is a safe material to use around food as it can easily be cleaned and disinfected.
- Comes with a wooden stand: This kit has an interesting curved wooden stand with indentations to fit each of the 15 tools in neatly. The stand is made from bamboo, which is a sustainable and durable material, meaning it will last over time and will not be affected much by frequent use.
- Difficult to store: The way the kit is set up makes it a bit difficult to store in certain areas. You need to ensure there is adequate space to fit the kit without damaging the top of the shaker or the long-handled spoon.
For a fun gift idea that will allow beginner bartender to practice their moves, this cocktail shaker set is a good gift idea. It includes all the tools needed to make a cocktail and will make you look more professional and knowledgeable when making cocktails for friends or family.
6. Golf Ball Whiskey Chillers and Pouch
- Affordable price: At approximately $25, these chillers are worth the price as your loved one could get quite some value from them. They will not water down the vodka and will help improve the overall experience of drinking vodka. The chillers will last a long time and will stand up against frequent use when stored correctly in the pouch.
- Quirky design: This set is a good option for someone who likes golf and likes drinking vodka as it combines the two concepts well. The unique shape will make it a good conversation piece and will likely be used frequently by your loved one.
- Durable: Glass, when it is thick enough, is a durable material and can be placed in the freezer without risking cracks. Add in the velvet pouch and these chillers can be used frequently without risking wear and tear or damage to them. The velvet will keep anything else in your freezer from scratching the glass balls and will prevent them from sticking in your freezer.
- Only the gold ball chillers included: This set does not come with a gold ball glass as advertised in the images. Rather, you would receive only the 2 glass golf ball chillers and the pouch.
Many people like to sip premium vodka but do not want it watered down with ice. This is where these golf ball chillers will come in handy.
This is a good gift idea for a loved one who prefers to sip their vodka rather than add it to a cocktail or mixer. These chillers will help improve the vodka-drinking experience.
7. Moscow Mule Cocktail Kit to make Hand Crafted Cocktails
- Affordable Price: At an approximate price of $23 per kit, this is an affordable gift idea that should fit most budgets. The price includes the costs of the various tools and ingredients included in this kit, making it good money for the value your loved one will receive from it.
- All-inclusive kit: Included in this kit is a selection of cocktail picks and a muddler spoon which can be used even after this kit has been finished. A bottle of Scrappy’s Grapefruit Bitters and a bottle of Scrappy’s Lemon Bitters has been included to flavor the drink.
- Enough to make 3 drinks: This kit comes with 3 packages of cocktail ginger syrup to be used in the making of a classic Moscow Mule. Additionally, 3 packages of cocktail lime juice have been included, all packaged beautifully in a reusable metal tin that can be used to store other cocktail-making utensils.
- Vodka not included: The base ingredient, of a Moscow Mule, vodka, has not been included in this set so you will need to purchase this as an additional step to give your loved one everything they will need immediately. If you know they have vodka on hand, you could skip this step.
A good gift idea that follows nicely from the Moscow Mule glasses is this Moscow Mule Cocktail Kit which will allow your loved ones to make their favorite cocktail on the go.
Included in this kit is everything a vodka lover would need to make a Moscow Mule while traveling or while visiting loved ones.
8. Shot Glass Gift Set with Liquor Pourers
- Affordable Price: At approximately $17, this set of shot glasses is good quality for the money. This price covers the wooden box the gift set is presented in, the cleaning brush, 2 liquor pourers, and the heavy-set shot glasses which is a good gift for the affordable price it is.
- Quality Materials: Stainless steel has been used to produce the liquor pourers and the cleaning brush which is a quality material that will not wear down with frequent use. This is a good material to use when alcohol is involved as it will not rust when exposed to liquid with frequent use.
- Easy to clean: These shot glasses, as well as the liquor pourers and stainless-steel brush, can be easily cleaned, making it less effort for your loved one to use the kit. The bottle brush makes it easy to clean the spout of the liquor pourer and all items are dishwasher safe.
- Some downsides: At only 1 ounce per glass, these are rather small shot glasses and make it difficult if you are planning on sitting for a while and slowly sipping your vodka as you would need to refill it more frequently than if you were to use a larger glass.
A good gift idea for someone who likes to drink a small amount of vodka, usually someone who likes to sip the clear liquid, is this set of 1-ounce shot glasses from Barleo Malt.
With a heavy base, these glasses are a durable and classy gift that comes in a wooden box for easy and safe storage.
9. Spirit Infusion Kit to Make Over 70 Flavoured Vodkas
- All-inclusive: This kit comes with a 1000 ml infusion jar to make it easy to make your flavored vodka. Additionally, a 750 ml liquor bottle with a wood cork top is included to make storing your alcohol easy. A funnel and strainer with a removable mesh filter are also included.
- Recipe and Instruction book: included in this kit is a recipe book that has been curated with 70 vodka infusion recipes that have been collected from bartenders to help your loved one become their alcohol connoisseur at their next celebration.
- Organically made Infused Vodka: All-natural ingredients are used to make these flavored vodkas, alleviating any concern your loved one may have about consuming chemicals or artificial flavorings.
- Somewhat Pricey: One infusion kit has an approximate cost of $50 so this gift idea may not be in most budgets. You need to ensure you are comfortable and, in a position, to spend this much on a gift so that the price does not overshadow the celebration it has been bought for.
Another vodka infusion gift idea for someone wanting to make over 70 flavored vodkas, is this Infusion Kit from Craft Connections Co. This kit includes everything your loved one would need to make their own hand-crafted and all-natural infused spirits.
10. OneBom Hip Flask with Funnel and Shot Glass Set
- Durable Materials: The shot glasses, funnel, and hip flask are all made from stainless steel. This is a rust-resistant and tarnish-proof material that will last a long time despite exposure to vodka or moisture meaning it will last a long time.
- Affordable Price: At approximately $16, this engraved gift set should be within most gift budgets, making it a guilt-free gift option. Additionally, the price of this set is ideal for the value your loved one could get from the use of it.
- Pocket size: This set is small and compact, making it easier for your loved one to take the hip flask on the go to a celebration or loved one’s house. Even with the small size of the hip flask, it can hold up to 7 ounces of vodka which is an ideal amount to carry for a relaxed celebration.
- Handwash only: This flask and shot glass kit cannot be placed in the dishwasher as exposure to high heat could result in the set losing its shape or scratching. For this reason, it may not be worth it for some individuals due to the additional cleaning process.
For a loved one who wants to take their favorite alcohol with them to a celebration or on the go, this Hip Flask Gift Set is a good idea. Included in the set are 2 shot glasses, a funnel to make for easy decanting, and a hip flask which can be further personalized by having it engraved.
When looking for a gift option for a vodka lover, there is a wide variety of choices available. That is why you should take some time before purchasing it to think about the considerations suggested at the start of this discussion.
Will they find value in the gift and does that value match the price tag? Is this something they will use frequently, or will they forget about it after a short while?
If your loved one prefers to drink vodka with some flavor and wants something fun to do with friends or family, the DIY infusion kit or flavored vodka kit could be a good option. They will get the benefit of being able to enjoy their favorite alcoholic beverage while being able to make their flavors.
The martini cooling cups are good for someone who likes to make their cocktails at home and prefers them chilled.
Similarly, the shot glass holder will allow your loved one to enjoy a chilled shot without watering it down, and the cocktail shaker set will allow them to look professional while making homemade cocktails.
To go well with the cocktail shaker are the Moscow Mule Mugs and the Moscow Mule cocktail kit which would both help your loved one look even more professional as an amateur cocktail maker.
Finally, the golf ball chillers will allow your loved one to chill their vodka without watering it down. The best gift overall will be the one your loved one appreciates most.
Make sure you also check out our articles on the best gifts for gin lovers and the best gifts for whiskey lovers for more gift-giving ideas!