Many people thrive on starting their day with a cup of coffee in the morning and a few more during the day. Coffee connoisseurs may have tried multiple coffee makers to find one that suits them.
Bunn Coffee makers produce some of the best coffee makers and are highly regarded by the industry and consumers.
The Bunn-O-Matic Corporation (BUNN®) started in 1957 and is still producing excellent products globally. BUNN is currently in the fifth generation of the original family and the same quality is put into every product. These products are also backed by a proven history of providing excellent after-sales service.
In this article, we will look at the best Bunn Coffee Makers by breaking down the features of our five favorites.
How Many Home Coffee Makers Does BUNN Have?
The BUNN coffee maker range currently consists of 12 different coffee makers for home use. Bunn Speed Brew and Bunn Velocity Brew line of products are the most popular.
Meet the BUNN Home Family of Coffee Makers
- My Café® Single Cup Coffee Maker
- BUNN My Café® Multi-Use Coffee Maker
- CSB2G Speed Brew Elite Coffee Maker
- Heat N’ Brew™ Coffee Maker
- BXB Speed Brew Classic Coffee Maker
- GRB Speed Brew Classic Coffee Maker, High Altitude
- GRB Speed Brew Classic Coffee Maker
- GRW Speed Brew Classic Coffee Maker
- BT Speed Brew Classic Thermal Coffee Maker
- SBS High Altitude Speed Brew Select Coffee Maker
- SBS Speed Brew Select Coffee Maker
- CSB3T High Altitude Speed Brew Platinum Thermal Coffee Maker
- CSB3T Speed Brew Platinum Thermal Coffee Maker
- CSB2B High Altitude Speed Brew Elite Coffee Maker
Bunn offers 137 combinations in commercial coffee makers including
- ICB TF ThermoFresh® 1.0 Gallon Platinum Edition™, 120/240V Stainless
- ICB Twin Platinum Edition™, 120/240V Stainless
- ICB Twin SH Soft Heat® Platinum Edition™ Stainless, 120/240V with Wireless
- ICB Twin TF ThermoFresh® 1.0 Gal Platinum Edition™ Stainless, 120/240V
- ICB Twin TF ThermoFresh® 1.5 Gallon Platinum Edition™ Stainless, 120/240V
- ICB SH Soft Heat® Platinum Edition™ Stainless, 120/240V with Wireless
- ICB-DV Dual Volt, Platinum Edition, 120V
- ICB-DV Dual Volt, Tall, Platinum Edition, 120V
- ICB Infusion Series Coffee Brewer Dual-Volt Tall PE 120V
- ICB Twin Tall Platinum Edition™, 120/240V SST
- ICB Infusion Series Coffee Brewer Twin Tall PE 120/240V
- ICB Twin SH Soft Heat®, Black and Stainless
- ICB Twin SH Soft Heat®, WiFi, Stainless
- And many more
Quick Overview: Our Top Picks for Best Bunn Coffee Maker
|BUNN BT Velocity Brew||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
|BUNN GRB Velocity Brew||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
|BUNN 52700 CSB2G Speed Brew Elite||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
|BUNN MCU Single Cup Multi-Use||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
|BUNN Heat N Brew Programmable||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
Best Home Coffee Makers
1. Bunn BT Velocity Brew
The Velocity Brew BT can brew between four and ten delicious cups of coffee in under three minutes.
Velocity Brew coffee makers have a capacity for up to twenty cups of water that is constantly kept at an optimal temperature allowing you to brew coffee in just three minutes. No need to warm the water up first when you want to make a quick cup or ten.
The double-walled vacuum-insulated carafe can keep your coffee warm at the desired heat for approximately 2 hours. Unfortunately, there is no warmer to reheat the coffee once it lost its original warmth.
Equal distribution of the spray head delivers water evenly across the coffee grounds for a more even extraction.
A large footprint measuring 7.5″ Wide, 13″ Deep, and 15″ High requires substantial counter space.
- Rapid brewing produces a cup in less than three minutes making for a fast and easy morning routine
- Even distribution of water to the grounded coffee through the multi-stream spray
- Flexible brew amount with ten cup brew capacity
- Heat-retaining carafe keeps coffee hot for roughly two hours to maintain flavor and aroma
- The thermal carafe produces a less scorching “effect” on your coffee
- The stainless-steel double-walled carafe is included in the purchase
- Brews at any altitude
- Price is at the upper end of the pricing structure for home coffee makers
- Takes up a significant chunk of counter-space
- No brew control
- No automated features.
2. Bunn GRB Speed Brew
Bunn GRB Speed Brew coffee makers are reportedly more environmentally friendly than pod machines.
When left on with sufficient water you can serve more than one cup at a time within 3 minutes from this 1-button, press-and-go coffee maker.
The lack of fancy features makes the BUNN GRB Speed Brew 10-Cup Home Coffee Brewer more affordable when you want to make a quick cuppa without having a large initial outlay.
The footprint measures 14.3″ High, 7.1″ Wide, and 13.8″ Deep which is slightly smaller than the BT Velocity Brew but still requires substantial counter space.
- Internal stainless steel hot water tank brews up to 10 cups in four minutes
- Can brew a travel mug in less than two minutes when you are on the run
- Flexible brew amount that brews four to ten cups
- The taller funnel is engineered ¼” taller than other filters to allow for the quick flow of water and prevents overflow of coffee grounds
- The unique multi-stream spray head showers hot water evenly over the coffee grounds
- Switch activated warmer plate keeps your coffee at optimal serving temperature
- Improved flavor as a result of the large flat bottom filter and funnel immersing coffee grounds in hot water
- Excellent functionality
- Porcelain-coated warming plate
- Cleanliness with the help of a drip-free glass carafe with a spill-proof spout
- 3-year warranty
- No brew control.
- Needs to be left on for quick brew resulting in increased electricity use
- No brew pause functionality
- No timing functions or auto-off
- Users have reported frequent overflows
- Not programmable
3. Bunn CSB2G Speed Brew Elite Coffee Maker
The CSB2G Speed Brew Elite Coffee Maker can brew up to 10 cups of coffee at a time.
An internal hot water tank keeps water warm enabling it to brew faster. Although it takes one minute longer to brew than the Velocity range, it still only takes four minutes to brew 10 cups.
You will not need extensive training to operate the CSB2G Speed Brew Elite Coffee Maker as it is rather simple to use.
Unfortunately, there is no timer to shut it off automatically thus the coffee can get a scorched taste if left on a burner too long. To overcome this problem Bunn set the temperature for the burning plate to 180 degrees F.
- One-touch operation makes it simple to use
- Brews in four minutes
- Internal hot water tank keeps water temperature consistent and is always ready for on-demand brewing
- The drip-free carafe prevents spills and drips
- The spray head is lime-tolerant that (extends the lifetime of the machine)
- The high-quality gravity drip provides up to 10 cups in under 4 minutes
- Coffee is brewed at 200º F which is the industry standard for the ultimate cup of coffee
- Clients have reported that it is prone to overflowing and water leaks
- Non-thermal glass carafe
- It has been reported that the first few uses produce a bad electrical smell
4. Bunn Coffee Brewer (MCU)
BUNN’s MCU line of coffee makers is pretty much the Swiss Army knife of drip coffee brewers. They deliver quick and easy coffee brewing in a variety of brewing conditions.
Easy operation requires you to plug it into the socket and it takes two minutes to heat the water up. Touching the brewing button will then start brewing your cup of coffee.
If you prefer your coffee from your favorite thermal travel cup, you can remove the drip tray to fill it up.
The BUNN MCU single-cup home coffee brewer is the most affordable Bunn coffee maker and it still provides a versatile experience.
- Easy to use
- Comes standard with a cup
- A multifunctional machine that brews K-cups, cups, pods, ground coffee & more
- Removable drip tray to accommodate travel mugs
- Coffee is always fresh as it only makes one cup at a time
- 2-year warranty
- Brews a cup in less than one minute
- Pulse brew setting allows you to brew a bolder flavor
- Pour-in water bowl is not removable
- Lacks on/off switch
- Lacks temperature control
- Only a 2-year warranty as opposed to a 3-year warranty on most other Bunn coffee makers
5. BUNN HB Heat N Brew Programmable Coffee Maker
Bunn HB Heat N Brew Programmable Coffee Maker offers features nearly identical to the 10-cup Speed Brew, the modern digital display sets it apart from non-programmable Bunn Coffee Makers.
This enables you to start brewing your morning coffee while you are still spending time in your bed.
Bunn HB Heat N Brew Programmable Coffee Maker is designed differently from other Bunn coffee makers with the water reservoir entirely on top of the machine. The carafe is shatter resistant and provides the tried and tested drip-free design as its other Bunn coffee makers.
The Bunn HB Heat N Brew Programmable Coffee Maker is great to have for convenience. It features an easy-to-use programmable digital clock. It takes approximately 10 minutes to brew a pot of coffee, and the automatic warming plate will keep your coffee warm for up to two hours. It will automatically shut off after that, which is a nice safety feature.
To make this BUNN HB Heat N Brew stand out more it is certified by the Specialty Coffee Association indicating that it passed multiple stringent brewing tests beating competitors in the price bracket.
- Programmable digital clock with a programmable start time
- The warming plate turns on during brewing and shuts off after two hours
- Brews 4 cups in 6-minutes and 10 cups in about 10-minutes
- Auto warmer plate turns off after 2 hours
- Shatter-resistant, drip-free carafe
- The machine is tall, so storing it on your countertop could be a challenge
- Strange pot shape is hard to empty
- Water spills out of filter container
- Requires more coffee grounds to make the same strength of coffee
The Buying Guide for Bunn Coffee Makers
What Makes A BUNN Coffee Maker Better?
BUNN home coffee makers are renowned for their stability and ease of use in the space of high-volume coffee makers. You will frequently see Bunn machines in both households and office environments.
How Do I Choose the Best BUNN Coffee Maker For My Needs?
Your choice will depend on your coffee routine and preferences.
- Ease of use.
- Speed in producing the brew.
- Do you want multiple cups of coffee from a single brew?
- Is budget important?
All BUNN coffee makers have an internal hot water tank that can keep the water pre-heated to rapidly brew a cuppa.
Quality coffee makers can vary in cost including the initial cash outlay and the purchase of coffee in the long run.
Although Bunn Coffee makers are not shockingly pricey, they are not inexpensive either. Always keep your budget in consideration when purchasing a Bunn Coffee Maker.
Models span from single-cup coffee makers to industrial multi-cup coffee makers allowing you to choose one that suits your budget and requirements.
An entry-level coffee maker will provide you with the bare necessities while a top-of-the-range one will provide you with copious technology.
To select the best coffee maker, you have to consider your lifestyle and the number of cups you will make most frequently.
A single person that only has one cup in the morning and maybe one cup in the evening will do well with a single-cup coffee maker. Larger families or heavy coffee drinkers should consider multi-cup coffee makers.
Bunn Coffee Makers offer two water sources: pour-over and automatic.
A pour-over model requires you to pour water into the top of the machine before turning it on. This is ideal when you want to make large quantities of coffee and want a portable brewer.
Automatic models are linked to a water source that automatically keeps the water level at the optimal level and keeps the water warm to speed up the brewing process.
BUNN coffee makers are available in single-cup makers, multiple-cup home coffee makers, and 3.8-gallons commercial coffee makers that can make unlimited cups.
Cognizance must be taken of the capacity of the coffee maker to keep the brew at optimal warmth if you want to have a multiple-cup coffee maker.
Our top pick is the Bunn BT Velocity Brew – Overall Winner Best Thermal Carafe pushed to the limits by the Bunn GRB Speed Brew.
Both of these coffee makers can keep water piping hot and ready to speed up the brewing process. The thermal carafe adds to the process to provide coffee at any time of the day.
We hope this review helps you choose the Bunn coffee maker that is best for you.