Bourbon is a sophisticated and elegant beverage that is enjoyed by copious people worldwide. For this reason, if your loved one is a bourbon lover, this article will help you find a gift for them.
In this article, we will give you some helpful tips for picking the best gifts for bourbon lovers as well as our top suggestions.
at a glance: Our Top 5 Gifts for Bourbon Lovers
What to consider before buying a gift for a bourbon lover
How to choose a gift for a bourbon lover
Before you buy anything for a loved one, consider what they like about bourbon. Do they like to drink with friends? If so, would they find use in a set of bourbon glasses or a smoker to improve the bourbon-drinking experience?
These are questions you need to ask yourself to identify where there is a gap that your gift can fill. By understanding what they like about drinking bourbon and what they may want to have related to the beverage, it is easier for you to select which gift is better suited for them.
What are the benefits of a bourbon-specific gift?
The main benefit to buying a bourbon-specific gift for a bourbon lover is knowing they already like the subject of the gift. They are then more likely to use the gift and find value in it than they would if it was something they did not have a passion for.
Another benefit to buying a gift tailored for a bourbon lover is knowing that they will recognize the gift as being personal and well thought out.
This will reflect the love and appreciation you have for the person, and they are more likely to hold on to the gift as it has sentimental value for them.
Things to look for in a gift for a bourbon lover
First look at what they do not have. If they do not have a decanter but would like one, then that is an option. Next, look at something they do have, but you could find a better quality or more to create a larger collection. This could include whiskey stones or bourbon glasses.
Next, consider your price range and try to stick to it. You do not want to buy a gift for someone that could have a significant impact on your bank account or that you may regret buying.
Quick Overview: Our Top Picks for Gifts for Bourbon Lovers
|Whiskey Decanter Gift Set by Royal Reserve||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
|Tipsyoo Cocktail Smoker Kit with Torch||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
|Titan LSO Whiskey Glasses and Whiskey Stones||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
|VENERO Crystal Whiskey Glasses, Set of 4||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
|Realtree Whiskey Decanter and Glass Set||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
5 Best Gifts for Bourbon Lovers
1. Whiskey Decanter Gift Set
- All-inclusive kit: This kit comes with multiple pieces that can be used to improve your bourbon-drinking experience. There are 2 rocks glasses included as well as a glass decanter. There is a pair of ice tongs included as well as a set of granite whiskey rocks that can be used to chill your drink.
- Beautiful presentation: The kit is presented in a wooden box that has been treated to look sophisticated and elegant. An inner lining with indentations allows you to pack away the pieces neatly for storage, keeping the items together and making it easy to keep them protected.
- Good quality materials: The whiskey stones are made using 100% natural granite which is non-porous and tasteless. It will not absorb any of the bourbon preventing it from affecting the taste of your next beverage and will not alter the taste of your current drink.
- High price point: This kit comes at an average cost of $59 which may be too high of a price for you. If you do not want to spend this much on a decanter set, it is best to look around for other options. You do not want to buy something out of your budget as you may regret the purchase and focus more on the cost than the reason the gift was bought.
Decanters are a good way to display one’s bourbon collection while allowing the beverage to aerate. Aerating bourbon allows the underlying flavors and tasting notes to emerge which can improve your bourbon-drinking experience. This decanter kit can help solve that need in a sophisticated fashion.
2. Tipsyoo Cocktail Smoker Kit with Torch
- Durable materials: The primary material used in this kit is stainless steel which is a durable and rust-resistant material that will last through frequent use. Wood is used in the body of the smoker, primarily walnut wood. Treated walnut is a durable and non-flammable material which is a good aspect to consider when using a smoker.
- Easy to use: The smoker can be used simply by placing the cocktail smoker on top of the rim of a glass. Add a spoonful of your selected wood chips and ignite using the torch. As the wood chips burn, smoke will form.
- Almost everything you need to smoke a drink: Included in this kit are a 1 smoke infuser and a cleaning brush. There is a stainless-steel filter and a spoon, as well as a torch (does not include butane). Finally, there are 4 tins of different flavored wood chips, each tin containing 20 grams of wood chips.
- No Butane: This smoker kit does not come with butane which is the gas required to run the smoker. You will therefore need to make an additional purchase of a can of butane when gifting this to a friend. The upside is that a can of butane is not too pricey and will as such will not add a significant additional cost to the gift.
For a loved one who likes to add an element of fun or mystique to their bourbon, this smoker kit is a good gift option. It contains a variety of wood and the tools needed to smoke your beverage and add additional flavors to your bourbon.
3. Bourbon Glasses and Whiskey Stones in Unique Tactical Box Display
- Interesting presentation: This set comes with a military ammunition box to display the bourbon glass set. It is a good gift idea for someone retiring from the military who likes to enjoy a glass of bourbon in the evenings.
- Quality rocks glasses: The 2 lowball whiskey glasses included in this set are made from high-quality glass. Protected by the velvet insert in the tactical box, this is a good gift option for someone who likes the experience of drinking bourbon.
- Additional features: Aside from the military box and the glasses, this set comes with 6 whiskey stones that can be used to chill your beverage without watering it down and altering the flavor. the whiskey stones are shaped like bullets and add to the overall feel of the kit. Finally, there are 2 heavy slate coasters.
- High price point: At an approximate price of $69, this gift may be out of budget for some people. The price reflects the quality of the glasses, the coasters, and the additional presentation of the tactical box so it should be bought if you have considered it and decided it is worth the cost.
There are made people in the world who simultaneously love drinking bourbon and serve or have served in the military. This is therefore a good gift for them. The bourbon glasses are presented in an ammunition box which gives a rustic feel to the gift while paying homage to their service.
4. VENERO Crystal Whiskey Glasses, Set of 4
- Good quality: these glasses are made from crystal glass which is a durable material. The glasses will last a long time without cracking or tarnishing and can be used in the dishwasher for easy cleanup. Crystal is an elegant material that will sparkle in the light and gives a sophisticated and elegant feel to drinking bourbon.
- Beautiful packaging: These glasses are presented in a black gift box with a black satin lining. The satin will protect the glasses when they are stored and will prevent them from scratching or bumping against one another.
- Satisfaction guarantee: The company allows you to use the glasses for 30 days. If you do not like them, you can return them for a full refund if it is within that period.
- 3-month guarantee: There is some misunderstanding about the lifetime warranty as it can only be used if you register the gift within 3 months of being purchased. If you are buying this gift for someone else ahead of time, you may want to consider registering it beforehand to avoid any frustration should the gift break.
If your loved one likes drinking bourbon with friends but does not have enough glasses to do so, this set of 4 whiskey glasses is a good gift idea. Made from high-quality crystal, these glasses are presented in a satin-lined gift box and make for a classy gift.
5. Realtree Whiskey Decanter and Glass Set
- High capacity: This decanter can hold up to 750 milliliters of bourbon which is the average bottle size of most bourbon brands. You, therefore, do not need t top it up until the bottle is empty, making it a less-effort option.
- High-quality glass: The decanter and glasses are made from high-quality crystal glass and fashioned in a way that they look elegant. A cut glass stopper allows the decanter to be sealed and the bourbon held within remains protected.
- Good design: The glasses are made with clear crystal glass and a wide mouth, tapering down to a weighted glass. This ensures that the glass is less likely to tip over and allows the bourbon held within to naturally aerate.
- High price: At an approximate cost of $70, two rocks glasses and a decanter may not be worth the price. If you are looking for something similar at a more affordable price, perhaps look around more. The quality and style of the set may be worth it for you, so think about it before buying the set.
The final gift option is suitable for someone who likes to present their bourbon on a bar cart and wants to maintain an elegant and sophisticated feel. This Realtree whisky decanter and glass set is an elegant and beautiful way to store one’s bourbon.
If you are trying to find the best gift for a bourbon lover, there is some issue with that. The best gift for one person may not be the best gift for another, so you need to consider the best gift for your bourbon-loving loved one. This takes some consideration and understanding of what your loved one may need or may appreciate.
If your loved one likes to display their bourbon on a bar cart or in their study, either of the two decanter sets would be a good option. The Realtree set comes with 2 tumblers and the decanter while the Royal Reserve set includes whiskey stones as an additional touch. Meanwhile, the whiskey glasses are a good gift idea for someone who likes to drink bourbon with friends.
For someone who likes to add extra elements to their bourbon-drinking experience, a smoker is a good option as it can add some mystique to the beverage. Finally, a rustic feel can be created with the Titan tactical box which includes coasters, whiskey stones, glasses, and ice tongs.
It truly depends on what your loved one would appreciate most and what they would get the most value from hopefully this article has given you some good ideas and a starting point for purchasing a gift for your bourbon-loving friend.
Looking for more gifts? Check out our articles on the best gifts for wine lovers and the best gifts for coffee lovers.