With various moments of celebration occurring year-round, including birthdays and Christmas, it can be difficult to buy a gift for someone.
This article will look particularly at the best gifts for Starbucks lovers and will help you find an idea for your next gift purchase.
- Starbucks Pike Place Roast K Cups, 96-Count
- Starbucks Variety Syrup 4pk, Variety Pack
- LeafLife Premium Bamboo Thermos with Tea Infuser & Strainer 17oc Capacity
- Starbucks Medium Roast & Flavoured Ground Coffee – Holiday Variety Pack – Limited Edition
- Starbucks Classic Hot Cocoa Mix, 30 Ounce Tin
What should you consider before purchasing any of these gifts?
How to choose a gift for Starbucks Lovers
Before purchasing a Starbucks-themed gift, it is good to know who you are buying the gift for. Do they like coffee or do they prefer tea or hot cocoa? Are they coffee purists who would never add a flavor to their beverage or would they be keen to try a flavored option?
These are all considerations you need to make as someone who hates coffee will not get value from receiving ground coffee or coffee K-Cups.
Advantages of a Starbucks-themed gift
Someone loyal to the Starbucks brand is likely to go out of their way to purchase their favorite coffees and coffee additions from the brand.
By buying your loved ones a Starbucks-themed gift, you can already guarantee they know of the brand and that they like the brand’s offerings.
Things to look for in a Starbucks Gift
You want to look for something your loved one would like. If you know they do not like Hazelnut, purchasing a coffee or syrup with this flavor may not be received well. Look at a price point that meets the value of the product and is within the budget you have set.
You also want to ensure that they will use the product you are buying. If your loved one would rather take the time to go buy a coffee instead of making it at home, perhaps a travel mug would be a good option.
They can take it with them and have their coffee made in the thermos, allowing them the ease of ensuring their coffee remains hot without adding to the environmental issue of one-use coffee cups.
Prerequisites to using the product
Some of the products available, such as K-Cups, will allow your loved one to make their coffee at home. However, there are coffee machines on the market that may not be compatible with these K-Cups so you would need to ensure your loved one has a compatible machine.
Our Top 5 Best Gifts for Starbucks Lovers
We will now look at 5 gift ideas for a Starbucks lover. These gifts include a thermos’, coffee syrup, and coffee capsules to make at home.
1. Starbucks Pike Place Roast K Cups, 96-Count
- PREMIUM COFFEE IN KEURIG K-CUPS—Starbucks delivers exceptional coffee cup after cup with Pike Place Roast medium roast coffee K-Cups—96 total coffee pods for Keurig coffee makers
- STARBUCKS PIKE PLACE ROAST COFFEE—A smooth, well-rounded blend of Latin American coffees with subtly rich notes of cocoa and rich praline, it’s perfect for every day
- FRESH TASTE—Starbucks adheres to the highest quality standards—shipping you the same carefully roasted 100% arabica coffee beans we brew in our cafés
- MAKE IT YOUR OWN—Whether you like black coffee or adding personal touches of inspiration, like milk, cream, syrup or a variety of other additions, Starbucks is the perfect everyday coffee you can...
- ETHICALLY SOURCED—Starbucks is committed to 100% ethical coffee sourcing in partnership with Conservation International
- Ethically sourced: the beans used to produce the coffee within these K-Cups are ethically sourced, keeping in line with Starbucks’ commitment to ethical coffee sourcing and production.
- Premium coffee: These K-Cups are produced using the same blend of 100% arabica coffee beans that are used in Starbucks stores. With 96 coffee pods in a package, you can provide your loved one with enough coffee to last a long time.
- Good price for value: The price per 96-count set is sold in 4 packs of 24 pods at a price of $19. This is a good price for the value of the pods when you look at the price per cup of coffee within a Starbucks store.
- Accessibility: to use these K-Cups you need to ensure you have a coffee machine that is compatible with the size and shape of these coffee pods. Some coffee machines are made that fit a specific coffee pod so you would need to ensure your loved one’s coffee machine is compatible.
For someone whole prefers to make their coffee at home rather than go out and spend money on a fresh cup, these K-Cups are a good option.
The roast within the coffee pods is Starbucks’ Pike Place roast which is made with a blend of Latin American coffee. It has rich notes of chocolate and praline and has medium acidity.
2. Starbucks Variety Syrup 4pk, Variety Pack
- Bring home signature Starbucks café flavor with Starbucks Naturally Flavored syrups and sauces. Elevate your morning coffee
- Starbucks Naturally Flavored Vanilla Syrup has a sweet and rich flavor, Caramel Syrup has a smooth and buttery flavor, and Hazelnut Syrup has a rich and nutty flavor flavor
- Starbucks syrups and sauces pair perfectly with your favorite Starbucks coffee
- Add one tablespoon to your 12-oz. coffee for a splash of smooth and buttery caramel flavor
- This variety pack includes two bottles of Vanilla, one of Hazelnut and one of Caramel flavored coffee syrup
- Make festively flavored coffee at home: these syrup flavors are all staples in Starbucks’ holiday-themed coffees. Your loved one can now make their own coffee at home and add a twist to it using these syrups. There is even an option to order the Sugar Free Vanilla syrup if the sugar content is a concern.
- The good amount available: Each bottle contains 360 milliliters (12,17 US fluid ounces) of syrup. The recommended use is to add 15 milliliters of syrup to your coffee, meaning you could get 24 flavored coffees from each bottle of flavored syrup.
- Versatility: These syrups can be used in both cold and hot beverages, ensuring you can make your favorite hot lattes and iced macchiatos at home.
- Somewhat high price point: At a price point of $40 for 4 bottles of syrup, this is something that some consumers may not wish to purchase.
Many coffee lovers have dabbled with adding flavored syrups to their beverages to add a new dimension to their coffee.
These syrups are a good option for a loved one who prefers flavored coffee and wants to be able to recreate their favorite drinks at home. Within this set are two bottles of Starbucks Vanilla syrup, a bottle of Caramel syrup, and a bottle of Hazelnut syrup.
3. LeafLife Premium Bamboo Thermos with Tea Infuser & Strainer 17oc Capacity
- Durable Bamboo Materials: The thermos is made from durable materials which will last a long time. The 100% bamboo casing is organic and all-natural, addressing concerns about sustainable purchases. This thermos is said to be durable and should last which is a good consideration when looking at the price point
- Keeps beverages at ideal temperature for up to 12 hours: the stainless steel inside of the thermos allows the temperature of your beverage to be maintained. For hot coffee, the stainless steel will keep your beverage hot while it will keep iced or cold drinks cool.
- Detachable tea-infuser: this thermos can be used for hot or cold coffee, as well as for home-brewed tea. The tea infuser is detachable and gives you the option to remove it when it is not necessary and re-attach it when you would like to make tea for the on-the-go.
- High price point: The price point of $40 may be higher than some consumers are willing to spend on a thermos when there may be cheaper options available on the market.
A thermos is a good gift idea for someone who likes to take their beverages on the go. This thermos can keep hot drinks hot and cold drinks cool for a period of 12 hours, allowing the consumer to take their time to consume their beverage.
It comes in various sizes, including 12-ounce, 22-ounce, and 17-ounce, with 3 colored options in 24-ounce sizing with a built-in fruit infuser. This thermos is available at an average price of $40.
4. Starbucks Medium Roast & Flavoured Ground Coffee – Holiday Variety Pack – Limited Edition
- WHAT'S INCLUDED—Ring in the cheer and bring the tastes of the season home with this exclusive 3-pack of Starbucks holiday seasonal ground coffee
- PIKE PLACE ROAST—A smooth, well-rounded blend of Latin American coffees with subtly rich flavors of chocolate and toasted nuts
- PEPPERMINT MOCHA FLAVORED COFFEE—Peppermint and mocha swirl together in this festive flavored coffee
- STARBUCKS HOLIDAY BLEND GROUND COFFEE—An elegant coffee with delicious maple and herbal notes that are balanced with a medium acidity and body
- LIMITED-TIME EXCLUSIVE—Like the holidays, these limited-edition coffees won't be around for long, so be sure to ring in the cheer with these seasonal offerings from Starbucks before they're gone
- Good price point: $55 for 3 bags of ground coffee is a fairly good price. All three bags (Peppermint Mocha, Holiday Blend, and Pike Place Roast) at included in the price, working out to roughly $18 per bag of coffee.
- Bright packaging: These coffee bags have bright and colorful packaging which gives off a festive feel which reflects the flavors you will taste in the coffee.
- Can be used as part of a greater gift: These can be combined with a mug as a good gift set for someone who loves flavored coffee and would like to make their beverages at home.
- These are a limited-edition option and thus are only available at the end of the year. Once they have sold out, it is unlikely they will be reproduced each year meaning you will only be able to purchase them again in the following year.
For many, their love of coffee is high but the motivation to go out to a coffee shop and get their daily fix is low. For a loved one with this tendency, a good gift idea is getting them some of their favorite flavored ground coffee to make at home. This variation is Starbucks’ medium roast with holiday flavors including Peppermint Mocha, Holiday Blend, and Pike Place Roast.
Peppermint Mocha is a good holiday-themed coffee option while the Holiday Blend has notes of maple and herbs which are balanced with a full body and medium acidity. Finally, the Pike Place Roast is a blend of Latin American coffees which have a subtle flavor of rich chocolate and toasted nuts.
5. Starbucks Classic Hot Cocoa Mix, 30 Ounce Tin
- PREMIUM INGREDIENTS: Smooth, velvety cocoa with rich chocolate notes
- GREAT TASTE: Sip in the moment with a mug of hot cocoa that's creamy-smooth, chocolaty-rich and totally satisfying
- ETHICALLY SOURCED: Starbucks is committed to purchasing cocoa that's grown and traded in an ethical and transparent way
- ECO FRIENDLY: Starbucks shares their customers' commitment to the environment. This cocoa tin is made with 100% recyclable material
- DIRECTIONS: Mix 1 cup (8 fl. oz.) hot milk with 2 heaping Tbsp. (28g) of Starbucks Hot Cocoa mix. Stir thoroughly and enjoy
- Creamy and smooth hot chocolate: you can ensure that when you are making a mug of hot chocolate, it will have a rich flavor of cocoa and a creamy consistency
- Ethically sourced: Starbucks ensures that the cocoa purchased by the company is ethically grown and transported. This is a good option for someone who is concerned about the effects their purchases will have on ethical trading.
- Eco-friendly: the packaging of the hot cocoa tin is made with 100% recyclable materials. This allows consumers who are concerned about the environmental impact of their purchases to buy this product, knowing it can be reused or recycled.
- The item is not available for return: if there is damage to the tin, there is no option to return this item which is a factor that must be taken into consideration when it is purchased
Many fans of Starbucks go to the establishment to get a coffee, however, there is a select group that prefers a non-caffeinated beverage. This hot cocoa is a good option for someone who likes the brand’s hot chocolate and wants to be able to make it at home.
Depending on your loved one’s preferences and needs, any of these options may be better. For someone who prefers to brew their coffee at home and may be trying to save some money, the flavored syrups, K-Cups, and Ground coffee variety pack are all good options. These are all festive flavors and can thus be a good option for Christmas gifts.
A thermos is a good option for someone who often needs to take their coffee with them on the go and often must deal with their hot coffee cooling down or their iced coffee melting.
Finally, the hot chocolate mix is a good option for someone who likes Starbucks cocoa and wants to recreate the taste at home. The best gift overall truly depends on the person it is being bought for as coffee preference can be subjective.