Alcohol is a vast and interesting category of beverage. There is a variety in what it is made from, how it is made, and how it is then drunk and used in beverages.
For someone who does not have a specific type of drink that they favor, this article will help by looking at the best gifts for alcohol lovers.
What to consider before buying a gift for an alcohol lover
How to choose an alcohol-related gift
First, consider if there is a specific type of alcohol that your loved one prefers. This will help you identify something specific to that spirit to inspire your gift choice. Consider if they like making cocktails for instance as this could give you a variety of gift options to choose from.
If they prefer to drink their beverage as it comes, this will help you identify whether a gift option like a set of glasses or whiskey stones could be a good idea.
Having some indication of which beverage, they prefer, will help you find a gift that is personal and suitable for the loved one it is being bought for.
What are the advantages of an alcohol-related gift?
If your friend is someone who drinks and you know what type of drink they prefer, you can ensure that they will use the gift and will appreciate receiving it. If your loved one is someone who hates bourbon or whiskey, whiskey stones may not be a good gift idea.
However, if they like whiskey, then the stones could be a good starting point, allowing you to consider something more suited to your loved one’s preferences and tastes.
Things to look for in a gift for an alcohol lover
There is a vast variety of alcohol-related gifts, so we are going to look at a good gift idea for a variety of alcohol types. This will give you a good starting point as to what to ultimately get your loved one for their next celebration.
You want to look at what you think would suit your loved one’s preferences, what your budget is, and what you can see them using for a long time.
You do not want to invest a substantial amount of money into a gift that will ultimately be relegated to your loved one’s cupboard or storage room.
Quick Overview: Our Top Picks for Gifts for Alcohol Lovers
|Mixology Bartender Kit with Black Stand||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
|Corkcicle Premium 9 oz Glass with Silicone Ice Mold||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
|Legacy Picnic Time Brand Caddy||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
|Iron Jerry Can Mini Bar||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
|Mixology & Craft Whiskey Stones Gift Set||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
5 Best Gifts for Alcohol Lovers
1. Mixology Bartender Kit with Black Stand
- All-inclusive: Included in this kit is a long-handled bar spoon, a bottle opener, a double jigger for pouring out ingredients, a Hawthorne strainer, a set of ice tongs, an 18-ounce cocktail shaker, and a wooden stand. The stand has slots cut into it to slot the various pieces of the set neatly so store the kit safely.
- Recipe cards: This set comes with a pack of recipe cards that will help your loved one learn how to make various cocktails and the correct ingredients and methods required to make the cocktail like a professional.
- Durable materials: The black stand is made from wood while the various tools are all produced using heavy-duty stainless steel. Stainless steel is rust-resistant and is a good material to use when mixing fluids.
- Not dishwasher friendly: This set can wear down after some exposure to a dishwasher, so it is recommended that you hand wash the kit to avoid any damage to the items included.
This gift option is ideal for someone who wants to learn how to make cocktails. As a cocktail can be made with almost every alcohol type, this gift is a dynamic option that is suitable for most people. Included in the bartender kit is a variety of tools that you can use to make cocktails at home or at a party with friends.
2. Corkcicle Premium 9 oz Glass with Silicone Ice Mold
- Easy to use: to use this set, simply place the silicon mold in the glass and fill it with water. Place in the freezer and allow the water to harden to ice. once the ice has formed, simply remove the mold, and top up the glass with your chosen beverage.
- No watering down: by having a solid piece of ice in the glass instead of a separate ice cube, you can chill your chosen beverage slowly. The ice will take longer to defrost and as such will not dilute or water down your beverage. This ensures the flavors of the spirit are maintained and the strength is not altered.
- Additional benefits: The silicon ice mold will not freeze to the ice and has a pull tab for easy removal. Meanwhile, the smooth sipping glass is dishwasher safe and will allow the ice to melt slowly without affecting the flavor of the beverage.
- Does cause condensation: By pouring room temperature whiskey (or another chosen spirit) onto a large wedge of ice, there will be condensation on the glass that may increase the risk of your grip slipping and dropping the glass.
For a loved one who prefers to sip their spirit, regardless of the type of spirit, it is, this double old-fashioned glass and ice mold is a good gift idea. The brand, Corkcicle, identifies this gift option as being suitable for chilling bourbon, scotch, whiskey, or tequila.
3. Legacy Picnic Time Brand Caddy
- Insulation to keep beverages cool: the insulated padding will keep your beverage cool while out at the park or on the way to a friend’s place. This helps you ensure your beverages are ready to drink when you get to the location of your celebration.
- Adjustable compartments: This beer caddy comes with a removable inner divider which allows you to adjust the sizes to fit various sized bottles or cans within the caddy.
- Additional features: The beer caddy comes with a bottle opener on a retractable cord to make it easy to open your beverage on the go. An adjustable shoulder strap allows you to carry the bag conformable without straining your shoulder.
- 3-month return policy: you can only return this picnic caddy within 3 months of purchasing it to get a free replacement or refund. After that period, you cannot return it and any issues will need to be dealt with by you rather than by the brand.
This picnic caddy is an ideal gift option for someone who likes to bring their beer or cider with them to a picnic or party at a friend’s house. It can fit a 6-pack of your chosen beverage and makes it easy to transport your beverages elsewhere while keeping them chilled and upright.
4. Iron Jerry Can Mini Bar
- All-inclusive set: Included in this gift set is 1 cigar case, 2 camping cups to drink from, 2 cigar holders, and 1 bottle opener. If you would prefer the jerry-can mini bar without the additional extras, you can order it without.
- Interesting presentation: Made to look like. Jerry gas can, this mini bar opens to reveal a faux wood insert to add a rustic element and a variety of Velcro straps to fix your items into place. A bottle of your chosen beverage (at approximately 750ml) can fit into the bar as well as slots for the included cigar case, cigar holders, and camping cups.
- Decent size: with dimensions of 15 inches (height) by 10,6 inches (width) by 5,1 inches (depth), this set is easy to store o fit into the car when going camping.
- High price point: At a cost of approximately $149, this gift may be out of many people’s budgets and should be bought with some consideration. Ensure you are willing to part with the money before buying the gift as you may regret spending outside of your budget.
This portable jerry-can mini bar is easy to use and can be easily settled on a table at a party or picnic, or for easy reach when watching football. The brand describes this bar set as being an ideal gift option for a whiskey or bourbon fan and includes the various tools you may require when taking your beverage on the go.
5. Mixology & Craft Whiskey Stones Gift Set
- Low price point: At approximately $13 per set, these stones are an affordable gift option and are unique enough to be given as is or as part of a bigger gift for a loved one.
- Durable materials: The whiskey stones are made 100% of granite which is a durable and art porous material that will prevent the flavor of your beverage from changing and will last over frequent use.
- Beautiful presentation: This set is presented in a rustic wooden box with a velvet insert which will protect the coasters and whiskey stones held within. A velvet bag is included to help you store your whiskey stones safely and prevent them from scratching or sticking to other items in your freezer.
- Short return period: If you are buying this gift for a loved one in advance of a celebration, keep in mind there are only 30 days to return the item and receive a refund. After 30 days, the only way to correct any issues is to re-buy the gift set.
Although the term ‘whiskey stones’ suggests it should be used with whiskey, chilling stones can be used with a variety of spirits that someone wishes to sip.
They are a better option for chilling your beverage as opposed to ice, as ice will melt over time and may dilute your beverage, altering its flavor. These whiskey stones solve this by chilling your beverage and leaving the flavor unchanged.
Gift Guides By Alcohol Type
Think you have an inkling as to what alcohol that special someone favors? Check out our following gift guides for a gift more tailored gift to their tastes!
- Best Gifts for Tequila Lovers
- Best Gifts for Rum Lovers
- Best Gifts for Bourbon Lovers
- Best Gifts For Wine Lovers
When going through the best gifts for alcohol lovers it is important to consider what type of alcohol your loved one prefers as some gifts may not be as suitable for them as others.
By finding a gift that is specific to your loved one’s preferences or needs, you can ensure it is personal enough that they will use it and they will appreciate the sentiment behind getting it for them.
A bartender set is a good gift option for someone who likes to make cocktails at home and does not have too much of a preference as to which spirit is used in the cocktail. Meanwhile, a corkcicle ice mold is a good gift idea for someone who likes to sip their spirits from a rocks glass or old-fashioned glass.
The 6-pack cooler is an ideal gift for someone who likes chilled beer and wants to be able to take them on the go to a party or picnic. A mini bar set is a good option for most alcohol lovers as it includes space for a bottle of your favorite spirit and comes with 2 whiskey cups to use on the go.
Finally, the Mixology & Craft whiskey stones set is a good gift idea, not only for lovers of whiskey but for anyone who likes to sip their spirits slowly without watering them down over time.
Ultimately, the best gift overall is the option that your loved one would most appreciate receiving.