Rum, as an alcoholic beverage, is a delicious drink and is enjoyed by many worldwide. In this article, we are going to look at our top picks for the best gifts for rum lovers. We will help you find what to get your loved one for their next birthday, graduation, or other celebration.
“Where there is rum, there is fun.”
at a glance: Our Top 5 Gifts for Rum Lovers
What to Look for Before Buying a Gift for a Rum Lover
How to choose the best gift for a rum lover
The first step in buying a gift for a rum lover is considering what type of gift they would like.
If they are someone who likes to display their alcoholic beverages uniquely, then a decanter is a good gift idea. For someone interested in cocktail making, then considering a cocktail smoker or ice ball mold would be a good gift idea.
For this reason, it is best to ensure you have considered thoroughly the person you are buying the gift for and what they can get from the gift. This will all help you purchase a gift that is thoughtful and personal for your loved one.
Finally, you want to think about your budget for the gift. You do not want to settle on a gift that will break your budget.
What are the benefits of this type of product?
Knowing who you are buying the gift for, and what they would find use in, allows you to know that your loved one will find use in it and will appreciate it.
Something bought specifically for a loved one’s interests makes it personal and means they are more than likely to use it as they will appreciate the thought and will want to use it.
Things to look for in a gift for a rum lover
Reiterating once again, you want to look at what they need. If they are someone who drinks their rum neat, your loved one may not find any purpose in buying them a cocktail recipe book or drink smoker.
Your loved one who likes presenting their rum nicely may like to receive a quirky decanter or ice ball mold.
Quick Overview: Our Top Picks for Gifts for Rum Lovers
|Art of Mixology: Bartender’s Guide to Rum||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
|Atterstone Whiskey Decanter Globe Set||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
|Smoking Spirits Cocktail Smoker Kit with Torch and Wood Chips||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
|Whiskey Glasses Set of 2 with 2 Ice Ball Maker Molds||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
|Whiskey & Wine Decanter with Antique Ship||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
Top 5 Best Gifts for Rum Lovers
1. Art of Mixology: Bartender’s Guide to Rum
- Fun new recipes: This book of recipes includes a wide array of traditional and contemporary mixology tips. Aside from the cocktail recipes within this book, there are additional techniques that you can learn from bartenders
- All occasions: This recipe book has recipes for all occasions including a fun party (like a Mojito) or a chilled evening at home with some friends (like a Mellow Mule). Within the 192 pages of this manual, there are numerous cocktails and mixology tips that have been perfected by mixologists for years.
- Easy for beginners: With tips on how to get started with mixology, this book lays out the cocktail recipe instructions in a simple manner that will allow even someone completely new to bartending to make tasty cocktails.
- Does not include classic cocktails: The cocktails within this book are on the more quirky side so if you are looking for more elegant recipes, you may need to look somewhere else to combine with this book.
For someone new to making drinks or cocktails or someone who just wants to try something new, this recipe book is the perfect gift idea. It contains multiple recipes for rum-based cocktails for your loved one to try out for an evening or a party with friends.
The Art of Mixology has additional books which revolved around liquor-centric recipes using gin, bourbon, whiskey, and more.
2. Atterstone Whiskey Decanter Globe Set
- High volume: This decanter can hold up to 850 ml of your choice of alcohol, making it large enough to hold a full bottle of rum. Additionally, it comes with a glass bottle stop which blocks the decanting spout. This decanter has been made with hand-blown glass with a wooden frame to hold the decanter aloft.
- Everything you need to make the ideal glass of rum: This set comes with the 850 ml globe-shaped decanter, nine chilling stones (that can be placed in the freezer to substitute ice), 2 maps etched globe glasses, and a stainless-steel funnel (to fill the decanter).
- High-quality materials: This set’s glassware has been made with lead-free luxury crystal which is food grade and has been etched with the map. The wooden frame is lacquered wood and should stand up against frequent use over time.
- High price point: At approximately $45, this decanter set, while cheaper than the other settings mentioned in this article, is still a high price that needs some consideration. There are shipping and import fees included depending on where you order it from, so you need to ensure that your loved one will find value in this gift.
This gift is an ideal option for someone who wants to be able to store and uniquely present their rum. The benefit of this decanter globe set is that it can be used for rum, as well as whiskey, brandy, bourbon, scotch, and vodka.
3. Smoking Spirits Cocktail Smoker Kit with Torch and Wood Chips
- Everything you need to smoke cocktails: This set comes with 4 flavor wood chips in separate tins, a smooth finish cherry wood cocktail smoker, a long-handled spoon and cleaning brush, and a premium Brulee torch. The wood chips come from walnut, apple, oak, and cherry wood.
- Simple to use: This smoker can be used easily. Place the cherry wood cocktail smoker on top of a cocktail glass (with your cocktail within the glass). Next, add some wood chips to the top of the smoker and ignite using a kitchen torch. Smoke the drink and then enjoy.
- Beautiful packaging: This smoker set comes in an elegant box made from bamboo which is a sustainable material. The box comes with a clasp to keep the tools protected and kept secure. Each smoke chip selection comes in a small round tin, while the smoker itself is an elegant gold and black affair.
- High price point: At approximately $70, this smoker is on the higher end of the average budget. This means you need to consider the price and weigh up whether your loved one will receive enough value from the gift to meet the price point.
Smokers can bring a hint of mystique and whimsicalness to a cocktail. For this reason, buying a smoker for your rum-loving loved one is a good gift idea for someone dabbling in cocktail-making who wants to take their drinks to the next level. This smoker comes with all the necessary pieces to smoke your next cocktail.
4. Whiskey Glasses Set of 2 with 2 Ice Ball Maker Molds
- Everything you need to make the perfect glass of rum: These glasses are made of crystals that are heavier than the average whiskey glass, making them more secure and durable. They are strong enough to withstand frequent use.
- Unique ice ball molds: The shape of these ice ball molds has been specially designed to fill with water easily and get a full sphere as opposed to one without a full shape. These ice ball molds can be stacked on top of one another to save space in your freezer. The ice molds can hold up to 11 ounces of water making for the perfect large ice sphere.
- Beautiful packaging: These ice cube molds and glasses come in an elegant wooden box which makes for a lovely presentation and safe storage of your items. The boxes have a soft insert with indentations to pack away the glasses and ice molds neatly and safely.
- Limited return: While the product does come with a return policy, it is a limited policy and must be done within a 3-month time frame to receive a refund or replacement.
This whiskey glass set is ideal for drinking rum, whiskey, bourbon, and scotch. These elegant glasses are the ideal gift option for a loved one who likes rum. They come with ice ball molds and make a sophisticated drink for an evening.
5. Whiskey & Wine Decanter with Antique Ship
- Superior quality: This antique ship decanter has been made with hand-blown glass to create a unique and sophisticated shape. With it being lead-free, this decanter is recommended to be hand washed and includes a decanter stopper which helps to aerate the beverage. This allows the beverage to reach a delightful taste.
- Enough to make a perfect pour: The glass decanter has a built-in spigot to pour the beverage from the decanter into a glass. There is a glass-shaped boat within the decanter to give a fun and quirky element to it. This decanter comes with 4 glasses that have a print of the globe on them, giving it a global boating feel.
- Durable materials: The handblown glass is durable but needs to be hand-washed to ensure it is not worn down too much. The spigot is made of stainless steel which is an anti-corrosive and rust-resistant material that will last over a long period of use.
- High price point: At an average price of $120, this item is on the higher end of a gift budget which requires some consideration before being purchased. If you do not think your loved one will get enough value from the gift, it may not be worth the price.
If your loved one is someone who wants to be able to display their alcoholic beverages in a quirky and unique way, this antique ship-shaped whiskey and wine decanter is an ideal gift. It comes with a tap to slowly pour the beverage from the decanter into one of four glasses.
Buying a gift for someone who is a lover of rum involves a lot of consideration and knowing what the person you are buying the gift for will like.
A recipe book is a good option for someone new to cocktail making and would like to learn how to combine ingredients with rum to make exciting new cocktails.
If your loved one is looking for an interesting way to display their rum, the Atterstone decanter globe is a good gift idea. For someone wanting to take their cocktail making to the next level, then the cocktail smoker kit would be much appreciated, while the whiskey glasses with ice ball molds will up the presentation of their beverage.
Finally, for another unique way to display your rum, the whiskey and wine antique ship decanter is a quirky way to display alcoholic beverages.
However, the best gift overall is subjective, meaning that it is dependent on what your loved one wants and would appreciate. That is why you need to ensure you know who you are buying the gift for, what they would enjoy, and that the gift meets your budget.
Make sure you check out our articles on the best gifts for vodka lovers and the best gifts for gin lovers for more great gift-giving inspirations.