Need an updated Disaronno price guide? We’ve got you covered. If you are looking for reduced alcohol content in a drink, Disaronno is one of the best options for you.
With an ABV of 28%, which is nearly half less than an average liqueur, this drink has a distinctly sweet flavor with undertones of cherry or almond, depending on the variant.
Available in 3 variants, it has a signature decanter-shaped bottle that it is globally renowned for.
Is Disaronno Originale an Amaretto?
This amber-colored, sweet almond-flavored liqueur is a type of amaretto. Originally sold under the brand name Amaretto di Saronno, Disaronno is an offspring brand of Amaretto.
With a rating of 4.1 out of 5, this Italian liqueur is doing pretty well, being branded as Disaronno.
Is Disaronno a Whiskey?
No, Disaronno itself is not a whiskey. While whiskey is made from a fermented mash of corn, rye, wheat, and/or barley malt, Disaronno is made from apricot kernels.
Additionally, whiskey has a higher ABV or alcohol by volume than does Disaronno liqueur. However, the new premium Disaronno product is a blend of Amaretto and Scottish whiskey.
Disaronno may be made from brewing apricot or almond pits in either neutral spirits or brandy, but they can never be categorized as whiskey.
What is the Difference between Amaretto and Disaronno?
Since Disaronno is a brand of Amaretto, many people assume they both must be similar to one another. That is, however, not the case.
While Amaretto is made from brewed almond pits or apricot pits, Disaronno liqueur is free of nuts and instead involves the addition of multiple spices and herbs to give a rather similar smoky, nutty flavor to that of an Amaretto.
Does Disaronno Taste Good?
The first impression, right after you take a sip of this spirit, the flavor is overwhelmingly sweet. The sweetness resembles that of butterscotch or maple.
Once your palate adjusts to the sweetness, there is a strong underlying smell and taste of a nutty flavor. The bitterness from the almond-like flavor compliments the excessive sweetness that you taste immediately in your mouth.
This is followed by the whirlpool of self-complementary flavors that you get from their premium selection of seventeen herbs and spices. The candied spicy flavor in the Disaronno liqueur hints at the presence of cinnamon, orange peel(s), and menthol.
The clear, smooth finish of this amber-colored spirit fills your throat with a strong smell and taste of crushed apple seeds as it glides down your throat. The overpowering flavors of this drink make it a great mixer for cocktails and other culinary treats.
Disaronno Price – Is Disaronno Liqueur Expensive?
For what it is worth, Disaronno is quite a reasonable liqueur. Priced under $30 for the Original Disaronno bottle of the standard 750 ml size, this is a luxury brand for sophisticated drinkers.
The Disaronno Reserva, however, is a smooth blend of Amaretto liqueur aged with scotch whiskey and wine and hence available at the rate of around $350 per bottle.
Here is an updated price list of Disaronno Liqueur.
|Disaronno Originale Amaretto||375 ml||From $22.99||56|
|750 ml||From $26.24||56|
|1 L||From $46.99||56|
|1.75 L||From $50.99||56|
|Disaronno Velvet Cream Liqueur||750 ml||From $31.99||34|
|Disaronno Riserva||750 ml||From $349.99||80|
How do you Drink Disaronno?
This versatile beverage may be served straight up as a digestive or appetitive, on the rocks, or paired with any sort of alcohol or non-alcohol beverage. You may add ginger ale, Coca-Cola, your favorite fresh fruit juice, or cream.
Add it to your bedtime hot chocolate or your morning coffee. The choices are endless! Furthermore, the almond-like flavor of this drink allows it to be used as a culinary liqueur.
You may add it to your favorite savory dishes, cookies, cakes, and homemade ice creams for a touch of alcohol and hints of nutty flavor.
- Add 0.5 oz. Disaronno Originale Amaretto,
- 0.5 oz. Peach Liqueur,
- 0.5 oz. Gin, a splash of orange juice, and
- A splash of Sweet & Sour Mix into a cocktail shaker and shake well.
- Strain into an old-fashioned glass and enjoy your chilled refreshing Disaronno with a fruity kick.
- Add 1 oz. Disaronno Originale Amaretto,
- 1 oz. Crème de Cacao, and
- A splash of heavy cream with ice in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake well and strain into a martini glass or a brandy snifter.
- Garnish with sifted cocoa powder for a stronger cocoa flavor.
To a large wine glass with ice, add
- 2 oz. Disaronno Originale Amaretto,
- A squeeze of lemon juice, and half parts soda water or sparkling water.
- Garnish with a lemon zest twist to complement it with the sweet almond flavor from the liqueur.
- Combine 0.25 cup Disaronno Originale Amaretto,
- 1 cup Cranberry juice,
- 0.5 cup Vodka,
- 1.5 tablespoons Orange juice, and
- 4 peeled clementine slices in a large pitcher.
- Stir well with large cubes of ice and pour into martini glasses.
- Garnish with orange peels or an orange slice and enjoy your holiday parties with Disaronno!
- Add 2 oz. Disaronno Originale Amaretto,
- 1 oz. Lemon juice,
- 1 dash Angostura Bitters, and
- 1 egg white in a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously for about a minute.
- Strain the liquid into over rocks in a rocks glass and garnish with a Maraschino cherry or lemon slice.
- Add 2 oz. Disaronno Originale Amaretto over ice in a tall glass,
- 3 oz. non-pulpy Orange juice,
- 3 oz. Club soda, and
- A splash of Grenadine.
- Drink this layered cocktail in the summers for a more refreshing feel.
- Pour 0.75 oz. Disaronno Originale Amaretto,
- 0.75 oz. Tequila,
- 0.5 oz. fresh Lime juice,
- 0.2 oz. simple syrup in a cocktail shaker.
- Shake well and double strain into a martini glass.
- Use a lemon wedge for garnish.
- Combine 0.35 oz. Disaronno Originale Amaretto,
- 1.75 oz. Vodka, and
- 0.35 oz. Dry Vermouth in a martini glass and stir well.
- You may use olive for garnish.
Prepare the following ingredients:
- 0.5 oz. Disaronno Originale Amaretto,
- 0.5 oz. Vodka,
- 0.5 oz. Southern Comfort,
- 0.5 oz. freshly squeezed lime juice,
- 0.25 oz. Patrón Citrónge Orange liqueur,
- 1 oz. freshly pressed orange juice,
- 1 dash of Angostura bitters, and
- Soda in a tall glass.
- Add in large ice cubes for a refreshing citrusy alcoholic punch to enjoy on a lazy summer afternoon.
- Combine 2 oz. Blended Scotch (Godfather),
- 0.25 oz. Disaronno Originale Amaretto, and
- A dash of bitters in a cosmopolitan glass.
- Stir well and serve it chilled.
- Combine 1.5 oz. Vodka (Godmother),
- 0.5 oz. Disaronno Originale Amaretto, and
- A dash of Absinthe Mist in a cosmopolitan glass.
- Stir well for a few seconds with large ice cubes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Disaronno Gluten-Free?
This amber-colored smooth drink is completely gluten-free. All the ingredients used to make this nutty-flavored liqueur are free from gluten.
The Disaronno makes use of fruity flavors or natural fruit extracts to give a refreshing kick to the neutral alcohol base, all free of any animal byproducts or gluten.
Is Disaronno Vegan?
The Disaronno liqueur claims that its products are 100 percent vegan and cruelty-free. None of the ingredients used in the process of manufacture of their liqueur variants have been derived from animals.
Their distinctive almond flavor comes from the apricot kernel oil that bathes multiple spices and herbs. Since all these are high-quality natural ingredients, this alcoholic beverage is suitable for those with a vegan diet.