Gin is an alcoholic beverage that is enjoyed by many worldwide, either drunk neat, with tonic water, or in a cocktail. For those lovers of gin, there is a wide array of gifts you could buy them relating to the beverage.
This article will look at our top picks of the best gifts for gin lovers and will help you find something to get your loved one for their next celebration.
at a glance: Our Top 5 Gifts for Gin Lovers
How to Select the Best Gifts for Gin Lovers
How to choose the best gift for a gin lover:
Before purchasing a gift for a gin lover, you need to know what they are looking for and what they will find value in.
For instance, if someone is looking for a good presentation of gin, some nice gin glasses will be a good gift idea. If they like the method of creating their gin, an infusion kit or gin-making kit could be a good option.
Therefore, you need to know what they are willing to put into drinking their gin and whether they would want to make their gin in the first place.
Understanding your loved one will make it easy for you to work out what they would like, making it a more personal gift.
What are the benefits of a gin-related gift?
The main benefit to a gin-related gift is the fact that, if they already love gin, your loved one will find value in the gift you get them. You already know they will find a purpose for the gift and will enjoy receiving and using it.
Things to look for in a gift for a gin lover
First, keep in mind the price point of the gift you are thinking of buying as some gifts may be out of your ideal price range. Additionally, consider the benefit of the gift for your loved one and the work that would need to be put into using it.
Quick Overview: Our Top Picks for Gifts for Gin Lovers
|DIY Gin-Making Alcohol Infusion-Kit||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
|Gin & Tonic Cocktail Kit||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
|Speakeasy Collection Vintage Gin Cocktail Glasses||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
|W&P Homemade Gin Kit||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
|DIY Gift Kits Real Gin Making Kit||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
5 Best Gifts for Gin Lovers
1. DIY Gin-Making Alcohol Infusion Kit
- Sustainable materials: This kit is designed to be high quality and earth-friendly by 2 brothers, Leon, and Vincent. It is a zero-waste product that has been produced in America with 100% organic, biodegradable, and recyclable materials. The funnel that comes with this kit is made with stainless steel which is a rust-proof and anti-erosive material.
- Simple to use: This kit includes 2 glass bottles with cork stoppers to make your infused gin in. within 2 days of infusing your gin with your own choice of botanicals and spices, you will have a unique and homemade gin at the ready.
- A wide array of flavors: This kit comes with 12 exotic botanicals and spices that have been sourced worldwide. Three glass vials include fresh juniper with the remaining 9 glass bottles containing the spices to make your gin.
- High price point: At approximately $65 this kit is on the higher spectrum of gin infusion kits and thus needs to be considered before being purchased. Ensure you know that your loved one will use the kit and will find value in it to meet the price point.
When it comes to gin, a fun gift idea is being able to make and infuse your gin. With this gin infusion kit, you can add botanical and spice infusions to gins you currently own or any gins you may come to make yourself.
2. Gin & Tonic Cocktail Kit – The Cocktail Box Co. Premium Cocktail Kits
- Basic ingredients to make a gin & tonic cocktail: This kit comes with a 15 ml (0,5 US fluid ounce) packet of dry tonic syrup, a 3 ml (0,10 US fluid ounce) pouch of cocktail lime juice, a long-handled muddler spoon, Scrappy’s orange bitters, Scrappy’s lavender syrup, cocktail picks, and a linen coaster.
- Durable materials: The muddler spoon, cocktail picks, and tin container that holds all the ingredients are made from stainless steel which is a durable material. Anticorrosive and rust-resistant, these materials can last a long time and give your loved one a lot of value.
- Good price point: At approximately $23 per kit, this kit is a good and affordable gift option for a loved one who loves gin. The ingredients are measured out to produce 3 gin cocktails which is a good value for the price of the kit.
- Not all-inclusive: This kit does not include gin so you would need to purchase a bottle additionally. That way you can give your loved one the cocktail kit and a bottle of gin to use immediately. You also need to purchase soda water that, when combined with the tonic syrup, will produce tonic water.
For gin lovers who like to have gin-based cocktails, this gin & tonic cocktail kit is a fun gift idea.
3. Speakeasy Collection Vintage Gin Cocktail Glasses | Classic Set of 2
- Durable materials: These glasses have been made 100% lead-free with a heavy base and wide saucer. This allows the glass to be sturdy enough for outdoor celebrations and creative “Bloody Mary” garnishing. With an elegant stem, this glass can also be used for an Aperol Spritz making it adaptable for a wide variety of alcoholic beverages.
- Sophisticated: Wide a wide rim and elegant stem, this glassware is a sophisticated and 1970s Spain-inspired design. Packaged in an art-deco, red, and gold gift box, this package is a good option for a gift and has suggested gin cocktail options printed on the lid.
- Quality assurance: This set of 2 glasses comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. This means that if anything is wrong or broken when you receive the gift, or you are not satisfied with the set, the company will help you correct the issue. This can be done either with a full-price refund or a replacement set within 14 days, free of charge.
- High price point: At a price of approximately $46 for 2 glasses, this is a relatively pricey purchase, so you need to ensure you have considered it thoroughly. Ensure that your loved one needs 2 glasses and will use them. Although, the dynamic way in which this glass can be used means your loved one can use it for more than just gin.
When drinking gin, the type of glassware used can highlight and bring out the flavors within the gin being drunk.
These glasses have a goblet or chalice shape which allows the flavor of the gin to come out and that gin to breathe which can make the experience of drinking the beverage better.
4. W&P Homemade Gin Kit
- Premium Gin Ingredients: This kit comes with a W&P botanical spice blend which has been hand created to ensure the flavor profile of the gin is ideal. There is a tin of juniper berries included which is used to make the gin, acting as the base ingredient.
- Everything you need to make gin: This kit comes with 2 375 ml glass bottles to use to make the gin. Additionally, there is a stainless-steel strainer and stainless-steel funnel to use when making the gin. Finally, there is a tin of juniper berries and a tin of W&P botanical spice blend to produce the gin and flavor the beverage.
- Functionality: This kit has been designed to have a great design and look aesthetic in your kitchen. It is created with functionality in mind and includes all the tools needed to produce your bottle of gin and is a fun way to have a night in with a friend or loved one.
- High price point: At a price of approximately $50, this kit should be purchased with a lot of consideration. You need to ensure your loved one will receive good value from the kit for the price that’s being spent on it.
For a person who likes to be creative when making their gin, this homemade gin kit is a good option. The kit includes everything you need to make your homemade gin and have a fun evening filled with creativity and good flavors.
5. DIY Gift Kits Real Gin Making Kit
- Easy to use: This kit has been designed to be used by both amateurs and professionals, allowing all who purchase it the opportunity to make their artisanal gin at home. There is an instruction manual that comes with this kit that will outline exactly how to make the gin with step-by-step instructions.
- Everything you need to make gin: This kit comes with 2 glass bottles with cork stoppers and custom labels to store and share your homemade gin. There are 6 botanicals and flavors included in the kit to flavor the gin. Finally, there is a strainer and funnel made from stainless steel and a “Liquid Courage” stainless-steel flask.
- Wide flavor profile: There are 6 spices and botanicals included in this kit including Juniper berries, lemon peel, coriander, grains of paradise, cubeb berries, and angelica root in sealed plastic bags.
- Not all-inclusive: This kit requires vodka to produce the gin but does not come with the vodka included. For that, you will need to purchase the vodka separately.
For a slightly more elaborate gin-making kit than the previous one, this Real Gin-Making Kit is a fun way to make your favorite beverage at home. At a similar price point to the W&P kit, this kit includes a wider variety of tools and ingredients to make your gin.
When selecting the best gifts for gin lovers, there are some considerations to take into place, primarily being that the best gift is subjective.
Depending on your loved one and what they wish to receive from the gift, will dictate which gift will be the best for them. For someone wanting a unique way to drink their gin, a set of vintage glasses is a good gift for your loved one.
The gin-making kits are a fun and creative way to make your gin and have an evening of fun making your preferred beverage. Similarly, a simple gin and & tonic cocktail kit helps you make gin-based cocktails, and the infusion kit helps you flavor your gin. Of the three gin-making kits included in this list, the gin infusion kit is the best value for money.
Buying a gin-related gift takes consideration and looking around for the best gift for them. The most important thing when considering purchasing a gift for a gin lover is knowing the person you are buying it for.
Make sure you check out our articles on the best gifts for bourbon lovers and the best gifts for wine lovers for more gift-giving suggestions.