For many people, going out and grabbing a hot or cold coffee is a fun way to get out of the house and break up the monotony of the day.
Others use this trip to their local Starbucks to get a caffeinated drink to keep them going through a long day. However, for some people, caffeine is not something they want in their drinks.
What do these individuals order then? Is there anything on the Starbucks menu for them to order in place of a coffee?
We have looked at the Starbucks menu and compiled our list of the top Starbucks drinks without caffeine to make this decision easier for you. Among the options, there is sure to be something for you.
Overview of Top 8 Starbucks Drinks Without Caffeine
- Caramel Ribbon Crunch Crème Frappuccino Blended Beverage
- Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Crème Frappuccino Blended Beverage
- White Hot Chocolate
- Caramel Apple Spice
- Pistachio Crème
- Chestnut Praline Crème
- Mint Majesty
- Peach Tranquility
Top 8 Starbucks Drinks Without Caffeine
1. Caramel Ribbon Crunch Crème Frappuccino Blended Beverage
While most of this list contains hot drinks, 2 of our top picks of the best drinks without caffeine include options from Starbucks’ Frappuccino offerings. To start with, the Caramel Ribbon Crunch Crème Frappuccino is a cooling and sweet drink option.
It is made by combining ice, 5 pumps of new dark caramel sauce, and whole milk in a blender. The ingredients are blended, after which they are topped with whipped cream, caramel drizzle, and caramel crunch topping. This drink has sweet notes of caramel which are balanced by the dark caramel sauce.
As a crème-based drink, there is no caffeine in this Frappuccino and the sweet caramel notes will make it a good option for a sugar boost at the end of a long day.
The type of milk used can be adjusted by customers to suit their needs and preferences and additional flavored syrups can be added to improve the taste.
- Nutritional Information: In a Grande serving of this Frappuccino, there are 420 calories, 46 grams of sugar, and 22 grams of fat. Most of this comes from the additional syrups and toppings, although the type of milk used can add calories to the drink.
- Cup Sizes: Iced and blended drinks from Starbucks have similar size options to the hot drinks, with the Frappuccino available in tall (12 ounces), Grande (16 ounces), and Venti (24 ounces).
- Customizable Options: To add new flavors, customers can adjust the number and type of flavored syrups added with other options including toffee nut, sugar-free vanilla, and toasted vanilla syrup.
2. Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Crème Frappuccino Blended Beverage
The second Frappuccino available for non-caffeine drinkers is the Sugar Cookie Almond Milk Crème Frappuccino from Starbucks. This is a festive drink for those warmer days with the drink tasting like a liquid sugar cookie with sprinkles.
Starbucks makes this drink by combining ice, 2 pumps of sugar cookie syrup, almond milk, and ice in a blender. Once the ingredients have been combined, they are topped with whipped cream and red and green sprinkles to make this festive drink. For those wanting to enjoy this drink year-round, other toppings are available.
Among the topping options, caramel Brulée or cookie crumble toppings can be a good option. Additionally, caramel or mocha drizzle can be added to the drink as well as cinnamon powder. Any of these toppings could lead to a tasty and cooling drink.
- Nutritional Information: A Grade Frappuccino contains 310 calories per serving, 43 grams of sugar, and 14 grams of fat. Adjusting the toppings of flavorings will affect these numbers.
- Cup Sizes: As with the previous Frappuccino, this drink is available in tall (12 ounces), Grande (16 ounces), and Venti (24 ounces).
- Customizable Options: For those who do not like almond milk, other dairy alternatives include soy milk, coconut milk, and oat milk. Otherwise, there is a variety of dairy-based kinds of milk available including breve (half and half), vanilla sweet cream, and whole milk.
3. White Hot Chocolate
During the colder months, most people stop at a Starbucks to get a hot coffee to keep them going. For those who want something warm while not drinking caffeine, a classic White Hot Chocolate is a good drink option. Made with steamed milk and white chocolate mocha sauce, this is a rich and sweet drink.
Starbucks makes this hot chocolate by steaming 2% milk and combining the milk with 4 pumps of white chocolate mocha sauce. The drink is then topped with whipped cream to add to the decadent taste of the drink. A fun way to improve this drink is by adding additional pumps of peppermint or caramel syrup.
By adding the extra syrup, customers can make the drink fit their personal preferences and ensure the taste will meet their cravings. Other flavors available for this step include cinnamon dolce syrup, Irish Cream syrup, and sugar cookie syrup.
- Nutritional Information: With the additional syrups and milk, this drink contains 440 calories per Grande serving, 55 grams of sugar, and 19 grams of fat. Adjusting the toppings of flavorings will alter these numbers.
- Cup Sizes: There are 5 cup sizes available for this white hot chocolate, including kids and short (both contain 8 ounces), tall (12 ounces), Grande (16 ounces), and Venti (20 ounces).
- Customizable Options: There are many milk variations available for customers to choose from including dairy (2% milk, whole milk, and heavy cream) and dairy alternatives (almond milk, coconut milk, and oat milk).
4. Caramel Apple Spice
A tasty drink for colder days or late afternoons is the Caramel Apple Spice beverage from Starbucks. This drink is made with steamed apple juice which is then mixed with 4 pumps of Cinnamon Dolce Syrup. This mixture is then poured into the chosen cup and topped with whipped cream and caramel drizzle.
The caramel drizzle complements the sweet apple juice and spicy cinnamon notes to create a drink that will warm you from the inside out. This is a good drink option for those with a scratchy throat and the caffeine-free beverage is a good option for children wanting something hot to drink.
If the drink is not rich enough, customers can elect to have additional pumps of syrup added or additional syrups can be selected.
Some of these flavors include peppermint or hazelnut, both of which will make it a more festive-tasting drink. To sweeten the drink more, caramel syrup can be added to improve the candy quality of the drink.
- Nutritional Information: A Grande serving of this drink contains 380 calories, 70 grams of sugar, and 8 grams of fat. Altering the toppings or adding sweeteners will cause these figures to adjust.
- Cup Sizes: As with most hot drinks at Starbucks, this beverage can be ordered as a short (8 ounces), tall (12 ounces), Grande (16 ounces), and Venti (20 ounces) serving. There is an additional cup size available for kids which contains 8 ounces.
- Customizable Options: The toppings available for this drink can be customized by customers, with other toppings including extra, light, or substitute caramel drizzle. Similarly, whipped cream can be ordered with extra added or light whipped cream added.
5. Pistachio Crème
While many Starbucks drinks are made with an espresso base, there is a line of Crème-based drinks available for those wanting a flavored, hot drink without caffeine. Among these options is the Pistachio Crème which is a good drink option to keep you going at the end of a long day.
Starbucks makes this drink by combining 2% milk and 4 pumps of pistachio sauce. This is then topped with slated brown butter topping although an extra topping that would go well with this drink would be whipped cream. The taste of this drink balances the sweet notes of pistachio and brown sugar to make a cozy drink.
Customizations for this drink can include the type of milk used, the type of toppings added, and the flavored syrups and sauces that can be adjusted.
The final makeup for the drink can be entirely changed by customers to make it the perfect drink for their preferences.
- Nutritional Information: A Grande serving of this crème-based drink contains 330 calories, 47 grams of sugar, and 9 grams of fat. If toppings of flavorings are added or removed, this information will change accordingly.
- Cup Sizes: The Pistachio Crème can be ordered in various sizes including for kids (8 ounces), short (8 ounces), tall (12 ounces), Grande (16 ounces), and Venti (20 ounces). Adjusting the size of the cup will lead to the nutritional information changing.
- Customizable Options: There are many toppings available for this drink including cocoa powder, chocolate curls, cookie crumble, and holiday sugar sparkles. Drizzles are available in caramel and mocha flavors, and whipped cream can be added.
6. Chestnut Praline Crème
Another crème-based drink available for someone wanting to avoid caffeine is the Chestnut Praline Crème from Starbucks. This is a good drink option for the colder months, with the main flavors of the drink reminiscent of the flavors seen around the festive season.
Starbucks makes this drink by combining steamed, 2% milk, and 4 pumps of chestnut praline syrup. Once the ingredients have been combined, the mixture is then topped with whipped cream and chestnut praline topping to increase the overall flavor of the drink.
This crème-based drink has prominent notes of spices and caramelized chestnuts, making it an ideal drink to warm you up on days out in the cold or for a late-afternoon pick-me-up. The spiced praline crumbs and whipped cream improve the decadence of this drink to make it a tasty and warming experience.
- Nutritional Information: A Grande serving of this crème contains 350 calories per serving, 41 grams of sugar, and 15 grams of fat. To reduce these numbers a low-calorie milk option can be used, or the amount of syrup added can be reduced.
- Cup Sizes: Aside from a Grande (16 ounces) serving, this drink can be ordered in small (8 ounces), tall (12 ounces), and Venti (20 ounces). Additionally, children can order this drink in an 8-ounce serving size.
- Customizable Options: Customers can add a variety of sweeteners to this drink including sugar, honey, or Stevia although the drink is sweet enough without adding this step.
7. Mint Majesty
Mint is a prominent flavor during the festive season, but it can be just as soothing and enjoyable throughout the year. For someone wanting a hot drink without caffeine, the Mint Majesty from Starbucks is a good option.
It is made by steeping 2 tea bags to the customer’s desired strength and is then served with no sweeteners, toppings, or milk.
However, if a customer wishes to adjust the flavor, there are many milk variations available including both dairy and dairy alternative options. As a herbal tea, this drink naturally does not contain caffeine.
- Nutritional Information: Regardless of the serving size, a plain Mint Majesty contains 0 calories, 0 grams of sugar, and 0 grams of fat. Adding other ingredients will affect this information.
- Cup Sizes: There is a cup size available for anyone from those wanting a smaller cup of tea (short contains 8 ounces while tall contains 12 ounces) or for those wanting a larger cup of tea (Grande contains 16 ounces and Venti contains 20 ounces).
- Customizable Options: Some of the customizations available for customers include adding milk to the tea, with dairy alternatives available such as soy milk, almond milk, coconut milk, and oat milk.
8. Peach Tranquility
For those wanting a hot drink on a cool day, Starbucks’ Peach Tranquility is a good drink option. It is made by steeping 2 tea bags in hot water, resulting in a hot and strong drink with prominent flavor notes.
The tasting notes in this tea are peach, chamomile blossoms, rose hips, candied pineapple, and lemon verbena. This results in a refreshing and tasty drink for someone wanting a hot tea without caffeine. While customers can add sweeteners or toppings to this drink, the nutritional information will change with the added ingredients.
However, a good option for those wanting to sweeten the tea slightly, honey can be a good option as it will result in a soothing element to the drink for those colder months. additionally, customers can ask for extra tea bags to make the drink stronger, or they can remove a tea bag for a milder drink option.
- Nutritional Information: As one of the healthiest options available on this list, it comes as no surprise that the Peach Tranquility contains 0 grams of sugar, 0 grams of fat, and 0 calories. Adding sweeteners or toppings will affect these numbers.
- Cup Sizes: Customers can order this tea as a short (8 ounces), tall (12 ounces), Grande (16 ounces), and Venti (20 ounces) serving.
- Customizable Options: There are various sweeteners available for this drink including honey, sugar, Stevia, or Splenda as sweetener packets. Liquid sweeteners are available as well including classic syrup, liquid cane sugar, and a honey blend.