Today, more people are thinking of ways to lose weight and eat healthily. And if you’re one of them, you’ve probably heard about the ketogenic diet.
Now, while you may have to cut some things out of your diet, coffee doesn’t have to be one of them. In fact, it’s encouraged on a keto diet!
But what are the best keto coffee brands out there? In this article, we’ll discover the health benefits of keto coffee and the best brands for your diet. Let’s get started.
A Ketogenic Diet Explained
If you’re unfamiliar with what a ketogenic diet is, it’s basically a high-fat and very low-carb diet. This diet reduces your carbohydrate intake and replaces it with fat. The carbs reduction allows your body to enter ketosis, a kind of metabolic state.
During ketosis, your body becomes more efficient in fat burning for energy. A ketogenic diet also helps convert the fats in your liver into ketones. They serve as the energy for your brain.
Aside from weight loss, a keto diet can also help with type II diabetes. It helps reduce insulin and blood sugar levels.
The Relationship between Keto and Coffee
Black coffee is good for keto diets as long as it contains no sugar or cream because it has zero carbs.
What’s more, the vitamins you take on a keto diet often pair with the coffee’s caffeine to give you even more health benefits!
You can buy these supplements separately. But several keto coffee brands already offer them preformulated with the coffee grounds or powder.
Let’s dive deeper into a few keto supplements.
Vitamins and Minerals
You should always load up on vitamins and minerals while on a keto diet. Luckily, most keto coffee brands preformulate with various vitamins and minerals. These can include Vitamins B1, B6, B9, B12, D3, and more.
Medium Chain Triglycerides (MCT Oil)
MCT oils are the primary supplement in a keto diet. They have the following benefits:
- Improve ketone production
- Longer feeling of fullness
- High-quality fat that gives you more sustained energy
- It helps store less fat
- Provides a maintained steady energy level
MCT oil is a type of fat in coconut and plant-based oils. Many coffee blends contain MTC oil but don’t have any odd flavors or smells, making it a nice way to consume this type of fat.
The Health Benefits of Keto Coffee
Drinking keto coffee as part of your diet can bring you more health benefits than you know.
Next, let’s take a closer look at a few of the benefits of keto coffee.
Helps with Weight Loss
Of course, weight loss is one benefit of drinking keto coffee. Keto coffee suppresses your appetite, so it prevents you from overeating. Also, keto coffee is high in healthy fats, so you will feel full for a longer time.
Keto coffee makes your body enter ketosis, and the fatty acids break down to form ketone bodies. Ketone bodies are better at providing energy to fuel your body than glucose. When your body has no glucose, it burns your stored fats.
Contains Anti-Inflammatory Properties
You get a drink with no additional pesticide residues or preservatives when you drink keto and organic coffee. Keto coffee also contains omega-3 fatty acids, which can suppress inflammation.
Serves as an Energy Booster
Drinking keto coffee on your empty stomach can help energize your body. It carries the right amount of calories and fats for you to survive your day. And because keto coffee has the right caffeine content, it also helps stimulate your mind and body.
Regulates Good Digestion
Keto oil contains coconut oil. It’s a natural laxative that can lubricate your digestive system. And it promotes your gut’s good health. Also, coconut oil has antifungal, antiviral, and antibacterial properties.
Helpful Tips When Buying Keto Coffee
With a wide range of keto coffee brands available, you must choose your blend wisely. To help you, here are helpful tips you can follow:
- The best keto coffee should have high levels of MCT oils.
- Check the caffeine content of your options. This ensures you’re choosing one with enough caffeine to kickstart your day.
- Coffee beans can affect your coffee’s caffeine. If you want stronger cups, go for Robusta beans.
- If you want your coffee sweeter, use natural sweeteners such as monk or Stevia.
- A cup that’s not too acidic is better, especially when drinking on an empty stomach.
Top 5 Best Keto Coffee Brands
You’re now aware of what you need to know about keto and coffee.
Next, let’s talk about five of the best keto coffee brands you should consider buying.
1. Bulletproof Coffee
- Beans are handpicked, so it guarantees premium quality coffee
- Contains ghee butter, so it promotes a more efficient breaking down of ketones
- It’s coffee ground, so it’s great for drip and pour-over coffee
- Gluten-free, so it’s suitable for people allergic to gluten
- It’s a creamy coffee, so it’s not ideal for people who prefer plain black coffee
The best Keto coffee brands list will not be complete without Bulletproof Coffee. In fact, it’s the first-ever brand to pioneer ketogenic coffee! All the coffee products this brand offers contain good amounts of Ghee butter and MCT oil.
Bulletproof Coffee specializes in making clean coffee without mycotoxins and is mold-free. It’s a signature original ground coffee with grass-fed ghee and MCT oils.
Check out Bulletproof Coffee.
2. Four Sigmatic
- Contains additional herbs, so it makes you feel calmer and reduces stress
- Coffee beans are grown 3900 to 6000 feet above sea level, so your coffee is a specialty grade
- Formulated with Chaga, so it’s packed with antioxidants
- Vegan and gluten-free, so it’s guaranteed healthy
- Less caffeine, so it’s not a good option as your morning coffee.
Four Sigmatic is known for a wide range of supplements preformulated in its coffee products. Aside from the usual MCT oil and ghee butter, this brand also has Chaga, ashwagandha root, and other herbs.
Four Sigmatic is also known to relieve stress and provide the caffeinated buzz you need. It sources its beans from Colombia, giving you a rich and smooth flavor in every cup. You’ll get strong coffee flavors with nutty caramel hints if you choose the medium-roast beans.
Check out Four Sigmatic.
3. Rapid Fire
- Loaded with supplements and antioxidants, so you get your additional nutrients
- Easy to mix coffee powder, so it’s convenient to make a cup
- Helps with metabolism, so it improves your digestion and gut health
- Versatile coffee brand, so you can drink it hot or cold
- It’s a premium brand, so it can be expensive
Rapid Fire combines organic green mountain coffee with antioxidants. This creates a low-carb drink. It contains strong coffee flavors with the following additional ingredients:
- Organic grass-fed ghee butter
- Coconut oil with MCTs
- Himalayan salt
This Keto coffee brand creates nutritious coffee with the right ingredients to make your body enter ketosis. Rapid Fire Keto coffee also helps with your metabolism. Drinking this will make you feel full and reduce your cravings.
Check out Rapid Fire.
- It comes from organic coffee beans, so it’s healthy
- Coffee is loaded with vitamins, so you have the right dose every time you drink
- Has caramel hints, so they help mellow down the bitter taste
- Has a unique blend of vitamins, so it’s expensive
Vitacup is known for its wide range of vitamins included in its coffee products. These vitamins and supplements can help improve your cognitive function.
VitaCup coffee is loaded with MCT oils to make you feel full longer. The oils also serve as your energy to fuel your day. This brand contains Vitamins B1, B5, B9, B6, D3, and B12 to keep your body healthy.
If you fear the vitamins will affect the coffee’s taste, fret not! This keto coffee brand produces delightful coffee flavors. It combines organic Brazilian and Mexican beans to provide all the delectable flavors in a cup.
Check out VitaCup.
5. 360 Nutrition
- It’s instant coffee, so it’s easy and quick to make.
- Has MCT oils and coconut milk, so it helps with your gut health.
- Contains other healthy ingredients, so it’s great for people allergic to soy or gluten
- Not as strong as other keto brands, so it’s not a great morning coffee
360 Nutrition offers keto instant coffee for people on the go. You can instantly make a cup of delicious Keto coffee without brewing and blending.
All coffee products from 360 Nutrition come with Himalayan pink salt. This ingredient helps with electrolyte replacement. It sources its beans from Colombia, so expect your coffee to have full-bodied and rich flavor profiles.
360 Nutrition instant coffee contains no artificial sweeteners and flavors. Aside from being keto, It’s also gluten-free and soy-free.
Check out 360 Nutrition.
Improve Your Keto Diet With The Best Keto Coffee Brands
When trying a keto coffee brand, choose one loaded with healthy ingredients to help with your strict diet. Any of these five brands is a good pick, depending on your situation.
If you want a Keto coffee with more herbs, go for Four Sigmatic. It contains additional supplements to help you feel more relaxed and less anxious.
But when you’re always rushing, go for the instant coffee mixes. Choose from Rapid Fire or 360 Nutrition.
Overall, each brand mentioned is an excellent addition to your Keto diet. So go ahead and brew your Keto coffee and achieve your weight goals!