Super-automatic coffee machines are quickly becoming the preference for many coffee lovers, even professional baristas. These machines allow you to make your favorite coffee drink with minimal effort. The Jura Z10 is one of the best super-automatic coffee machines on the market.
In our Jura Z10 review, we’ll give you some information about what to look for in super-automatic coffee machines, and how the Jura Z10 stacks up with these features.
Things To Consider Before Buying a Super-Automatic Espresso Machine
If you are shopping for a super-automatic coffee machine, there are some particular features that you should pay attention to. These are the features that make a super-automatic espresso machine a good value. These are also the features that make products like the Jura Z10 stand out from the rest.
Quality of Espresso
You want your high-end espresso machine to make a great espresso, first and foremost. Sure, a great-looking machine or one that makes tons of different drinks is a great selling point. However, if your coffee maker doesn’t make a good espresso, it won’t matter if it is nice looking or can froth your milk.
Ease of Use
Even though super-automatic machines are quite convenient, some of them can be challenging to use. Look for options that have easy-to-read control panels, intuitive controls, and easy-to-fill and maintain water tanks, grinders, and milk pitchers.
Durability and Maintenance
A good quality coffee machine should be made from high-quality materials that are both durable and attractive. Many super-automatic coffee machines come with both plastic and stainless steel parts. Depending on how they are used, these are both durable options.
Increasing the durability and longevity of your super-automatic coffee machine is the ease of maintenance. Look for machines that have parts that are dishwasher safe, and for automatic cleaning cycles. Not only will these options increase the life of your super-automatic coffee maker, but they will keep your espresso tasting delicious.
If your new coffee machine is going to be serving a wide range of taste preferences, you will need to look for a machine that is versatile enough to make your whole family or office happy.
Besides making sure that your machine makes what you love, a machine that offers a wide variety of drink options allows you to try different drinks, instead of paying for something you might not like at your local coffee shop.
Price and Value
Super-automatic coffee machines tend to come at a higher price. The Jura line is no exception to this. When considering the price of a high-end coffee machine, you really do need to consider both the price and the value.
There are some super-automatic coffee machines that have a higher price but don’t have a lot of options or features, or they are difficult to maintain. These machines are not a good value. Make sure that you are selecting a product that meets your needs for the best possible price.
Jura Z10 Review
Presenting the JURA Z10 Super-Automatic Espresso Machine
The Jura Z10 is one of the most exciting super-automatic coffee machines on the market today. Not only does this great espresso machine give you delicious, coffee house-quality, hot drinks, but it is one of the few machines out there that will also make delicious cold brew.
Besides making hot and cold coffee, the Jura Z10 is packed with features that make it one of the best machines in the Jura line-up. The integrated burr, Product Recognizing Grinder (PRG) makes a perfect amount of properly sized grounds for your coffee drinks. The Z10 also uses a cold extraction process for making cold brew coffee.
While other machines rely on ice or refrigeration for making cold brew coffee, the Jura Z10 actually makes cold brew coffee. This is one of the best features of this coffee machine and is one that makes it stand out over other similarly priced espresso machines.
- Pre-programmed with 32 hot coffee recipes and 8 cold brew coffee recipes
- Integrated grinder changes the size of the ground to match the type of coffee
- A very attractive machine, the styling is contemporary, but not too modern
- Features high-quality materials.
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Works great, but takes some time to figure out the features of this coffee machine
- There just might be too many coffee options
- The Jura Z10 has a large footprint, taking up a lot of counter space
Features & Benefits Of The JURA Z10
The Jura Z10 has a few product features that we want to point out, as they really are the highlights of this coffee maker.
- Integrated Product Recognizing Grinder – This is the best feature of the Jura Z10. The Product Recognizing Grinder or PRG automatically adjusts the grind size to match the type of coffee you are brewing. You can also custom-select grind coarseness to fit your taste preferences.
- Cold Extraction Brewing – Cold brew is the drink of the moment. Most home coffee makers require you to brew hot coffee and serve over ice for “cold brew”. The Z10 utilizes a cold extraction brewing process which results in actual cold brew coffee.
- Adjustable Coffee Strength – The Jura Z10 has 10 levels of coffee strength. All pre-programmed recipes can be adjusted for the perfect strength.
- Adjustable Milk Temperature – Along with adjusting the strength of your coffee you can also customize how hot or foamy you want your milk.
- Pre-Programmed Cleaning Cycles – When your coffee starts tasting not as good, the Jura Z10 has cleaning cycles that scrub the machine with little to no effort from you.
Alternatives to the JURA Z10
1. De’Longhi Dinamica Plus Fully Automatic Espresso Machine
Similarly priced to the Z10, the DeLonghi Dinamica Plus is a super-automatic coffee maker that offers you 16 coffee options at the touch of a button. This machine is completely controlled with a touch-screen display. It features an integrated burr grinder, a removable milk pitcher, and automatic cleaning cycles.
The DeLonghi does not offer cold brew extraction, which is the biggest difference between the two machines. We do like the smaller number of pre-programmed recipes. It is easier to decide what to drink every morning.
2. Breville Oracle Touch Espresso Machine
Breville’s Oracle Touch espresso machine is in between automatic and super-automatic. The touchscreen controls feel a lot like a super-automatic option, however, there are parts of the brewing process that you still have to do by hand.
The built-in grinder does the grinding, measuring, and tamping, but you still have to insert the portafilter into the machine. You also have to work a bit harder to froth your milk.
However, the Oracle Touch does give you a wide variety of drink options, and even has the ability to save 8 custom recipes, should you find a customization that you really love.
3. Gaggia Babila Coffee and Espresso Machine
The Gaggia Babila espresso machine is a full, super-automatic coffee machine. With an integrated burr grinder, you don’t have to work much at all to enjoy a good cup of coffee from the Gaggia Babila.
It only has 11 pre-programmed recipes, but they are all fully customizable. The Babila also has the ability to save your customized drinks, so you can come back to them easily each morning.
The Gaggia is a really attractive machine, and it does have a smaller footprint than the Jura Z10. It doesn’t make cold brew, but for the price, it is a good value and makes a really delicious cup of espresso.
Jura Z10 Review – Final Thoughts
The Jura Z10 is a standout when it comes to super-automatic coffee makers. With 32 hot drink options, and the ability to cold extract coffee this machine is one of the most versatile you will find.
Being both easy to use and attractive, the Jura Z10 is a great option for home espresso brewing or for your office breakroom.