Delonghi is one of the top home-based espresso machine manufacturers on the market, and they have released a variety of different models over the past decade that has helped lead the way and revolutionize the coffee and espresso industry.
When shopping for a new Delonghi espresso machine, it is important to take a look at the most important features in each machine, and decide which features are the most important for your household.
We have highlighted five of the top Delonghi espresso machines on the market today, and taken a closer look at the differences between each of them to help simplify the shopping process.
Choosing the Right Delonghi Espresso Machine
There are many different tips and tricks when it comes to preparing a high-quality cup of espresso, and choosing the right machine for your needs is a critical first step when it comes to building your own personal, home espresso setup.
Price and Value
The very first step when it comes to shopping for a new home espresso machine is to take a close look at your personal finances and decide on a strict budget for machine shopping. It is important to both be realistic and disciplined when it comes to sticking within your budget.
When it comes to home espresso machines, the purchase cost of the machine itself is only the first of many expenses as time goes on. Some machines require either the previous ownership or the purchase of a coffee grinder, and espresso beans must also be purchased periodically.
Luckily, the Delonghi company has a wide variety of different machines in its current portfolio, each of which offers a slightly different level of features and design quality at different price points. There are enough different options to ensure nearly every espresso enthusiast can find a machine well suited to their needs.
At the lower end of the price spectrum for Delonghi machines, there are models under $200, which include the very popular “Stilosa” machine. This is a basic espresso machine with entry-level pump pressure, and the ability to make straightforward espresso drinks each morning.
For customers who require a bit more features to construct a wider variety of different espresso drink beverages, the “All-in-One” makes for a fantastic machine that is very diverse in that it can make both espresso and traditionally brewed coffee each morning.
At the higher end of the price spectrum, Delonghi makes a number of different high-tech machines that feature preloaded drink recipes. This makes for very easy operation and is essentially like having a personal barista at home to construct your drinks.
These high-end machines can cost upwards of $1000, and there are much higher quality parts and hardware used in these luxury options. These machines are known for extreme durability, as they are designed to handle professional levels of volume over time.
Features and Design
When shopping for a new at-home espresso machine, it is also very important to take a close look at which types of coffee and espresso drinks are enjoyed by your household on a regular basis. Some machines can make a handful of beverages, while others are capable of dozens.
While it is a nice luxury to have access to a deep list of different espresso and coffee-based drinks at your fingertips, the machines with the widest variety also feature the largest price tags, while taking up more space than more basic models.
Many people find that they only use their machines to make a handful of key beverages many times over, and many people have reported that there are drink settings on their own personal machines that they have never used.
It is important to choose a machine that is well suited to make the kinds of drinks that you enjoy most often. For example, people who enjoy an Americano every morning should keep an eye out for espresso machines that feature a dedicated hot water spout for easy Americano construction.
Size and Weight
Delonghi espresso and coffee machines come in a wide variety of different shapes and sizes, and it is very important to choose a model that physically fits well within your kitchen. Many people make the mistake of blindly buying a machine, and do not consider the physical space where they will put it.
Before shopping for a new Delonghi espresso machine, it is a good idea to use a ruler or tape measure and measure out the length, depth, and height of the area where you intend to place your machine. This will help avoid mix-ups and help narrow down which machine is best for you.
While the weight of an espresso machine is not the first thing that comes to mind for many customers, there are others who either travel with their espresso machines or store them away between uses that require a lightweight machine for easy moving.
There are certain kitchens that are tight on space where larger espresso machines are not a feasible option. This is where smaller, slimmer, and more compact machines tend to shine, as they can slide easily into tighter kitchen spaces for easy storage.
Style and Aesthetic
While it is very important to choose a machine that physically fits well within your kitchen space, it is also important to consider the style and design elements of your kitchen. A fitting espresso machine should blend in with the flow of your kitchen, and not look out of place when displayed.
For those with more simplistic and minimalistic decorated kitchens, big and bright machines are sometimes the best option. These shiny espresso machines act as both showpieces and talking points in more sparsely decorated kitchens.
There are other instances where it is better that your new espresso machine “fit in” to the design theme of your kitchen rather than sticking out. This is true of kitchens featuring stainless steel appliances, as similarly styled espresso machines are nearly always the best options.
Retailer and Delivery
When shopping for a new Delonghi espresso machine, it is always recommended to shop with a large and trusted retailer with a good reputation for customer service. This includes some of the top department stores in the United States, as well as online retailer Amazon.
For those with Amazon prime accounts, these machines can often be delivered within two days at no extra shipping charge. Amazon also features one of the best and most highly regarded return policies in the industry, making purchases worry-free.
There are also many top retailers who will price match when their competitors run sales on some of the top Delonghi espresso machines. Taking advantage of price matching is a great way to save money at your local retailer without having to go to multiple stores.
When ordering a new espresso machine online, some of the top retailers in the industry will allow you to choose from a number of different shipping options. This is a great way to choose your own balance between delivery price and speed.
Quick Overview: Our Top Picks for Delonghi Espresso Machines
|De'Longhi Stilosa Manual Espresso Machine||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
|De'Longhi All-in-One Combination Coffee Maker||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
|De'Longhi La Specialista Arte Espresso Machine||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
|De'Longhi Magnifica Evo Fully Automatic Machine||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
|De'Longhi Dinamica Fully Automatic Machine||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
Top 5 Delonghi Espresso Machines
1. De’Longhi Stilosa
- Simple and straightforward machine that is easy to operate and clean
- Able to brew two cups of espresso at once with a dual spout feature
- One of the highest quality steam wands on the market for under $200
- Sleek and compact design fits well into smaller kitchens and spaces
- Black and silver color palate fits well with many interior design themes
- Can often be found on sale through the top retailers in the United States
- Showcases only basic features in an entry-level model
- There are other machines on the market with stronger pressure pumps
- The black and gray design theme does not work well in stainless steel heavy kitchens
2. De’Longhi All-in-One
- Small display shows the current time and can be programmed to brew on a timer
- Can make espresso drinks as well as traditionally brewed coffee
- Medium-sized high-quality glass carafe can hold 10 cups of traditional coffee
- Black and gray color scheme works well with modern kitchens and minimalistic design
- One of the best machines on the market for large households
- High-quality milk frother heats up in under one minute to make latte-style drinks
- One of the larger and more heavy machines on the market
- Sticks out in kitchens with predominantly stainless steel appliances
- Features only a basic timer and clock with no WiFi or Bluetooth connectivity
3. De’Longhi La Specialista
- Features a top-loading bean hopper with an integrated coffee grinder
- Design allows for fresh ground espresso beans each morning
- Fresh-ground espresso beans are proven to improve the overall taste of espresso
- Features high-quality pressure pump for top-shelf espresso
- High quality integrated milk steamer allows for the creation of many beverages
- Prominently displayed pressure pump makes for easier operation
- Traditionally designed machine that sticks out in some kitchens
- Analog controls give the machine a more “old school” feel
- Not the best fit aesthetically in some modern kitchen designs
4. De’Longhi Magnifica Evo
- High-tech machine that bridges the gap between features and ease of use
- Pre-programmed with six prominently displayed coffee drink options
- Feels like having a personal barista at home that constructs drinks for you
- Integrated grinder is housed within the top of the machine for aesthetics
- Integrated grinder features 13 different settings to dial in grind texture
- High-tech machine that is simple to operate and clean with dishwasher-safe parts
- One of the pricier machines in the lineup at just under $800
- The boxy design and shiny front plate do not fit in well with some kitchens
- One of the larger and heavier machines on the market
5. De’Longhi Dinamica
- One of the most versatile Delonghi machines on the market
- Capable of brewing both hot and iced coffee beverages
- Features enough preloaded drinks for a full coffee shop menu
- One of the easiest high-tech machines to use on the market
- Built-in grinder has 13 different grind settings
- Integrated milk frother is very high quality and uniquely designed
- One of the more expensive Delonghi machines on the market at over $1000
- One of the heaviest and largest machines in Delonghi’s lineup
- Those who do not drink iced coffee beverages should not spend extra
Delonghi is well regarded in the coffee and espresso industry as one of the best producers of home espresso machines in the world. They have a wide variety of different models in their current lineup, with enough variety in terms of both features and price points to appease nearly every coffee and espresso enthusiast.
While all of their machines are considered to be of very high quality, the De’Longhi La Specialista is their “mid-range” offering that is well suited to the widest audience of espresso enthusiasts. It showcases enough features to construct some of the most popular coffee beverages in the world at a price point that is more reasonable compared to some of the company’s “top shelf” models.
Click here to take a look at the La Specialista, and see for yourself if it is a good fit for your needs!