Cuisinart is one of the largest and most trusted names in the coffee industry, and the company has released dozens of different coffee makers over the years.
Choosing the best Cuisinart coffee maker for your needs comes down to weighing the most important factors and deciding which is the best fit for your home.
In this article, we will take a deeper dive into the most important factors that separate the different Cuisinart coffee makers, as well as five specific models that I have found to be of particularly high quality.
at a glance: Best Cuisinart Coffee Maker
Choosing the Right Cuisinart Coffee Maker
There are a wide variety of different models to choose from in the Cuisinart lineup of coffee makers, and there are some important factors that need to be considered to find your ideal option.
Everything from brew capacity to filter type needs to be considered, and I have highlighted the five most important details to help simplify shopping for you.
Cost and Budget
There is a fairly wide gap between the price points of the most basic and high-end coffee machines on the market, and it is important to choose a machine that falls squarely within your own personal budget.
Many coffee enthusiasts find that they do not use the majority of features and settings on more high-end machines, so it is important to take a close look at your overall coffee-drinking habits when deciding between different options.
While the most expensive options on the market may seem like the ideal choices for high-end coffee, many of the more simple machines on the market are capable of brewing the same exact drip coffee as upscale versions, only with less customization.
Brew and Water Capacity
Different coffee makers are designed to handle the needs of different-sized households, and brew capacity is one of the most important factors to pay attention to when comparing different Cuisinart coffee machine models.
Those who live alone or with a significant other often find that small and moderately sized coffee machines are best for their needs, and I personally use a drip coffee maker with only a five-cup capacity. Choosing a small-capacity machine is very convenient because they are simple to clean out and reset for the next use.
People with roommates and those who live in larger households often require a Cuisinart coffee maker with a larger brew capacity, and the majority of “full-sized” coffee machines are capable of brewing 12 cups of coffee at a time.
Even with single-serve coffee machines, there are plenty of different options when it comes to the capacity of water reservoirs. Some people prefer ultra-compact machines with smaller water tanks, while others don’t mind the added size of bigger versions that need to be refilled less often.
Features and Settings
The most simple and straightforward Cuisinart coffee makers feature one button that is used to turn the machine on and begin the brew cycle. In contrast, the most intricate models allow for full customization over your morning cup of coffee, including different brew strengths and temperature settings.
There are also different options when it comes to carafe material and shape. Some people prefer shorter or taller carafes, and there are both clear glass options and insulated metallic versions to choose from.
There are also Cuisinart coffee makers that do not feature carafes at all. Single-serve coffee makers are designed to simply brew coffee directly into your mug or tumbler each morning, saving the need to rinse out the carafe each morning.
Size and Weight
While people with plenty of kitchen and storage space do not need to pay much attention to the overall size and weight of different coffee machines, there are others who require small and lightweight options that can be stored away in a cabinet between uses.
One of the most common mistakes that people make is choosing a coffee maker that is too large for their needs and takes up too much space on their kitchen counter. Cuisinart produces a number of different sleek and slim coffee machines that are designed to fit perfectly into smaller kitchens.
Style and Aesthetics
While the majority of Cuisinart coffee makers feature the same metallic and black color themes, there are plenty of different options to choose from that vary widely in terms of design and aesthetic style.
Those with modern and minimalist kitchens generally prefer the more straightforward Cuisinart machines, as they feature a classic look that is fairly simple. There are others who prefer the looks of the more high-tech Cuisinart offerings that come equipped with small LED screens and backlit buttons and dials.
Quick Overview: Our Top Picks for Best Cuisinart Coffee Maker
|Cuisinart Single Serve with Grinder||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
|Cuisinart 4 Cup w/Stainless-Steel Carafe||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
|Cuisinart DCC-1200P1 Brew Central||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
|Cuisinart Single Serve + 12 Cup Coffee Maker||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
|Cuisinart CPO-850P1 and CPO-850 Coffee Brewer||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
Top 5 Cuisinart Coffee Makers
A quick look at the Cuisinart website shows that there are currently 18 different models of coffee machines currently being produced by the company.
Many coffee enthusiasts can become overwhelmed with so many options, so I have hand selected the five best Cuisinart coffee makers on the market today.
1. Cuisinart Single Serve Coffee Maker and Grinder
The Cuisinart Single Serve Coffee Maker and Grinder are one of the most unique and interesting machines in the entire Cuisinart lineup of coffee makers, and many feel that it offers the perfect balance of value and quality for households with only one or two coffee drinkers.
This is one of the only single-serve coffee machines on the market that features a high-quality built-in grinder. Freshly ground coffee beans are extremely important when it comes to a high-quality cup of coffee, as much of the flavor and natural oils are preserved with whole beans.
The sizable 48-ounce water reservoir is also removable, allowing you to walk it over to the sink and back instead of pouring water directly into the machine. I have found removable water reservoirs extremely useful over the years, and the large capacity means you will need to refill less frequently.
One of the main drawbacks of this machine for some people is a desired feature for others. The single-serve design of this machine does not include a carafe or coffee reservoir, which helps save on space as the machine brews directly into your mug.
- Integrated grinder allows for fresh and flavorful coffee each morning
- Clear coffee bean reservoir makes it easy to keep an eye on the fill level
- Single-serve design eliminates the need to rinse out a carafe
- There are three different brew settings for different strengths
- Low water indicator lets you know when the machine needs a refill
- Not a good option for larger households with many coffee drinkers
- Some people prefer the convenience of a large carafe for pouring
- There are more affordable single-serve coffee machines on the market
2. Cuisinart 4 Cup Coffee Maker
The Cuisinart 4 Cup Coffee Maker is another great option for smaller kitchens and households that only consume a moderate amount of coffee on a daily basis. It is very simple to operate and has a sleek and minimalist aesthetic that fits in well with many different kitchens.
It uses a metallic insulated carafe that helps keep coffee warm long after brewing, as well as a heated bottom plate that maintains the temperature for hours if needed. There is also a small integrated water filter that helps to increase the quality and flavor of the coffee.
Another thoughtful feature included in this small coffee maker is a reusable coffee filter that is made out of metallic mesh. This makes it simple to clean out and rinse between uses and helps save money on the repeated purchase of coffee filters.
- A small and simple coffee machine that is easy to use
- Small water filter helps increase coffee quality
- Reusable coffee filter makes it easy to dispose of grounds and rinse out
- Metallic carafe helps keep coffee warm for an extended period of time
- Minimalist design blends with many different interior design styles
- Four cup capacity is too small for many households
- There are no adjustable brew settings for different strengths
- Some people prefer coffee makers with clear glass carafes
3. Cuisinart Brew Central 12 Cup Programmable Coffeemaker
The Brew Central 12 Cup Coffeemaker from Cuisinart is a full-sized coffee maker with all the bells and whistles one would expect from a high-end Cuisinart machine. It uses a simple and traditional design that is packed full of features and can be programmed ahead of time.
At first glance, this full-sized coffee machine looks like the typical coffeemaker found in many homes and workplaces across the world. What makes this machine better than most is the fact that everything from brew temperature to the amount of heat applied to the lower heating plate can be adjusted.
- Classically designed to fit into just about any kitchen
- Operates the same as any other simple coffee machine
- Additional settings allow you to dial in temperature as desired
- Timer allows you to preload coffee grounds and have the machine start automatically
- Makes higher quality coffee compared to other 12 cup drip style machines
- There is only one color option available
- Not all customers like the shiny metallic look
- Water reservoir can only accommodate one brewing cycle
4. Cuisinart Coffee Center 2-In-1 Machine
The Cuisinart Coffee Center 2-In-1 Machine is a great option for those who want the “best of both worlds” when it comes to modern coffee makers. It features a standard 12-cup glass carafe on one side, and the other is left open with an area for single-serve brewing directly into mugs.
This is an excellent machine for those who tend to fluctuate in their coffee drinking habits, as well as coffee enthusiasts who often entertain and have parties at their homes. The full-carafe option is perfect for serving large groups, while the single-serve option is best for a quick and hassle-free single cup of coffee.
- Dual functionality with a full pot and single cup brewing capabilities
- Three different brew options on the single-serve side
- Features a removable 40-ounce water reservoir for maximum convenience
- One of the most versatile and highly reviewed Cuisinart machines on the market
- Large water reservoir is clear making it easy to keep an eye on the fill level
- Significantly larger than other Cuisinart machine designs
- Only one color finish is available
- Price tag of just under $200 is too high for some
5. Cuisinart PurePrecision Pour Over Machine
The Cuisinart PurePrecision Pour Over Machine is a high-end coffee machine offering from the Cuisinart company that is designed to increase the quality of your daily cup of coffee. While most of their machines are considered “drip coffee” machines, this model features more of an automated pour-over design.
There are three different brewing temperatures, as well as three different brewing strengths to choose from. The machine also features a “blooming” feature that wets the coffee beans before the full brew cycle commences, ensuring that all flavors and oils are extracted from the grounds.
- A unique design from the Cuisinart company
- Produces high-end “pour over” style coffee for maximum flavor
- Features a sleek design and stylish look
- Can be pre-programmed to brew at a certain time
- Durable metallic filter is easy to rinse out and re-use
- One of the more expensive options in the Cuisinart lineup
- 8 cup capacity is too small for some households
- Takes up much more space than other 8-cup options
With so many different Cuisinart coffee makers on the market today, many coffee enthusiasts don’t know where to start when it comes to shopping.
While there are many different high-quality options to choose from by the Cuisinart company, I find the Cuisinart Coffee Center 2-In-1 Machine to offer the best combination of value and features for the widest audience of coffee enthusiasts.
Click here to take a look at this high-end dual-purpose machine, and see for yourself if it is a good fit for your household’s coffee needs.