Caramel is a rich and sweet flavor that, when added to coffee or creamy drinks, elevates the overall beverage.
Starbucks has a wide range of caramel drinks, with the flavors appearing in the brand’s cold brews, iced coffees, and hot drinks. Caramel highlights coffee notes, compliments chocolate-based drinks, and helps to make a drink more enjoyable.
In this article, we are going to look at some of the top caramel Starbucks drinks available on the menu to inspire you to try a new drink the next time you visit your local Starbucks.
Overview of Top 8 Caramel Starbucks Drinks
- Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew
- Iced Caramel Brulée Latte
- Iced Caramel Macchiato
- Caramel Brulée Frappuccino Blended Beverage
- Caramel Brulée Latte
- Caramel Macchiato
- Caramel Apple Spice
- Caramel Brulée Crème
The Best Caramel Starbucks Drinks
1. Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew
Cold brew is known for being a strong caffeine-based beverage. It is made by steeping coffee grounds in cold or room-temperature water for several hours. Starbucks has a wide range of cold brews but the first drink to look at is the brand’s Salted Caramel Cream Cold Brew.
This drink brings the savory notes of salt and combines them with the sweeter notes of caramel, creating a beverage that keeps your tastebuds engaged. The final drink is topped with salted caramel cream foam to add a fun visual element to the coffee.
This is a good cold beverage option for someone wanting a sweet, caffeine kick.
- Nutritional Information: This beverage contains 240 calories, 26 grams of sugar, and 14 grams of fat, making this a sweet drink. Beverages with caramel tend to have higher calorie contents due to the sugar in the syrup.
- Ideal Customizations: The way this drink is usually made is with 4 pumps of caramel syrup, salted caramel cream cold foam, ice, and cold brew. Additionally, you can add in sweeteners, espresso shot options, and the size of the cup
- Cup Sizes: Tall (12 ounces), Grande (16 ounces), Venti (24 ounces), and Trenta (30 ounces)
2. Iced Caramel Brulée Latte
Lattes are a type of coffee that is made with a single or double shot of espresso and then combined with steamed milk. An iced latte is a similar recipe, combined with ice to create an ideal drink for someone wanting a caffeine kick without drinking a hot beverage.
Starbucks makes its Iced Caramel Brulée Latte with 2 shots of the brand’s Signature Espresso Roast, topped with 2% milk that has been steamed and cooled down before adding ice.
4 pumps of caramel sauce are added to create the taste, it is topped with whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel Brulée topping.
- Nutritional Information: Given that this is a sweet beverage with caramel added, it is expected that this latte contains 400 calories per serving, 44 grams of sugar, and 16 grams of total fat. If you adjust the number of sauce pumps or the type of milk, you may find that the beverage is slightly healthier.
- Ideal Customizations: The automatic setting for this latte is that it is made with 4 pumps of caramel Brulée sauce, caramel Brulée topping and whipped cream, and 2% milk.
- Cup Sizes: Tall (12 ounces), Grande (16 ounces), and Venti (24 ounces). The size used for the nutritional information is the Grande serving.
3. Iced Caramel Macchiato
A macchiato, which is also known as an espresso macchiato, is an espresso with a splash of milk. The color of the coffee is slightly altered by the milk, but it remains strong and maintains its bitter element despite the dairy. This is a bitter and coffee-heavy drink, ideal for someone who likes the taste of espresso.
Starbucks makes their Iced Caramel Macchiato with ice, 3 pumps of vanilla syrup, 2% milk, and 2 shots of their Signature Espresso Roast. This is then topped with caramel drizzle to create a full-bodied and sweet coffee.
The iced variation allows you to enjoy this drink in the summertime regardless of the weather.
- Nutritional Information: At a slightly lower calorie count than some other beverages on this list, the Iced Caramel Macchiato contains 250 calories per serving, 34 grams of sugar, and 7 grams of total fat.
- Ideal Customizations: Customizations you can make to this drink are the type of milk (2% milk, skim milk, almond milk, heavy cream, etc.), the extra flavoring (with hazelnut and vanilla being among the options), and which topping you would like on your drink.
- Cup Sizes: Tall (12 ounces), Grande (16 ounces), Venti (24 ounces). Starbucks uses a Grande serving as a basis for their nutritional information.
4. Caramel Brulée Frappuccino – Blended Beverage
A Frappuccino is made from coffee or a crème base, which is then added to ice and flavoring.
It is then blended to create an ice-coffee-type drink without risking being watered down from the large ice blocks. This drink has a similar consistency to a slush or thick milkshake, making it an enjoyable drink.
Starbucks’ Caramel Brulée Frappuccino is made with espresso, 3 pumps of Frappuccino Roast, 2 pumps of Caramel Brulée sauce, and whole milk. It is blended to combine the ingredients and is then topped with whipped cream and a caramel Brulée topping.
- Nutritional Information: A Caramel Frappuccino from Starbucks contains 400 calories per serving, 58 grams of sugar, and 15 grams of fat. Caramel and whole milk are likely the cause of the higher calorie content.
- Ideal Customizations: You can decide which flavors to add to the Frappuccino, the type of milk used, and whether you have sweeteners in your coffee. Any of these adjustments could alter the calorie content of the beverage as some ingredients are healthier variations than others.
- Cup Sizes: Tall (12 ounces), Grande (16 ounces), Venti (24 ounces). For nutritional information, Starbucks uses a Grande beverage as a basis.
5. Caramel Brulée Latte
Lattes are made with espresso, steamed milk, and milk foam. The steamed milk is combined with the espresso to create the base of the drink, with the foam being added toward the end to create a fluffy layer at the top of your coffee cup. Typically, for every 1 part of espresso, 2 parts of milk are added to the drink.
Starbucks makes its Caramel Brulée Latte by combining 2 shots of their Signature Espresso Roast, steamed, 2% milk, and 4 pumps of Caramel Brulée sauce. It is then topped with whipped cream and caramel Brulée drizzle to create an appealing visual effect.
- Nutritional Information: This drink contains 410 calories per serving (based on a Grande serving), 48 grams of sugar, and 14 grams of total fat.
- Ideal Customizations: Various customizations are available for this drink, including the type of milk (including 2% milk, coconut milk, and oat milk), the temperature of the milk, the flavoring of the drink (including hazelnut, peppermint, and brown sugar), and the number of shots of espresso added to your drink.
- Cup Sizes: Short (8 ounces), Tall (12 ounces), Grande (16 ounces), Venti (20 ounces). For the nutritional information for this latte, a Grande beverage has been used.
6. Caramel Macchiato
Starbucks has made their hot Caramel Macchiato with 2% milk that is steamed and foamed, 3 pumps of vanilla syrup, and 2 shots of Starbucks’ Signature Espresso Roast. These ingredients are combined with the milk foam added towards the end.
It is then presented with caramel drizzle to produce an aesthetic and sweet-tasting coffee drink. If you adjust the topping or the flavors within the drink, the overall flavor could be elevated or overwhelmed.
Flavor options include peppermint, sugar cookie, toasted vanilla, and toffee nut. To create a heavier caramel flavor, ask for caramel syrup.
- Nutritional Information: This beverage contains 250 calories per Grande serving, as well as 33 grams of sugar and 7 grams of fat.
- Ideal Customizations: You can customize the espresso shots in your drink, whether you have sweetener in your drink, the flavorings within the drink, and the topping that the macchiato is presented with.
- Cup Sizes: Short (8 ounces), Tall (12 ounces), Grande (16 ounces), and Venti (20 ounces). A Grande serving (16 US fluid ounces) has been used for the nutritional information for this macchiato. Smaller or larger drinks will have different nutritional information.
7. Caramel Apple Spice
Starbucks makes their Caramel Apple Spice with set customizations although customers can change anything when ordering their drink.
The hot beverage is made with 4 pumps of Cinnamon Dolce Syrup and steamed apple juice as the base. Whipped cream and Caramel Drizzle are then added to present the drink.
Caramel and apple are complimentary flavors, making this an ideal drink option for someone wanting a hot beverage with no caffeine. The caramel drizzle and whipped cream create a cozy feel for the drink that is ideal for cooler months or seasons.
- Nutritional Information: Contained in this Caramel Apple Spice drink are 380 calories per serving, 70 grams of sugar, and 8 grams of fat.
- Ideal Customizations: Possible customizations in this beverage include whether there are sweeteners added, the type of topping (including whipped cream and various flavored drizzles), the number and type of flavor pumps, and other add-ins including strawberries, ice, or freeze-dried pineapple.
- Cup Sizes: Kids (8 ounces), Short (8 ounces), Tall (12 ounces), Grande (16 ounces), and Venti (20 ounces). The nutritional information for this beverage has been derived from a 16-ounce serving (Grande serving).
8. Caramel Brulée Crème
Starbucks makes its Caramel Brulée Crème with 2% milk which is steamed hot, milk foam, and 4 pumps of Caramel Brulée sauce. This beverage does not contain coffee making it a preferred drink for those wanting something sweet, as well as those who cannot drink caffeine.
The final drink is then topped with whipped cream and Caramel Brulée topping. This is a good beverage option for someone wanting a hot and sweet drink without caffeine.
Other syrups you could add to this drink include cinnamon, Irish cream, and brown sugar. Any of these flavors could elevate the base drink.
- Nutritional Information: This beverage contains 420 calories, 50 grams of sugar, and 14 grams of total fat per Grande serving. Smaller or larger drinks may see these amounts changing.
- Ideal Customizations: Among the customizations for this beverage, you can choose whether your cup is lined with caramel or mocha sauce, the type of milk used (including heavy cream, vanilla sweet cream, and almond milk), and the temperature of the milk (steamed hot, warm, or extra hot).
- Cup Sizes: Kids (8 ounces), Short (8 ounces), Tall (12 ounces), Grande (16 ounces), Venti (20 ounces). For the nutritional information, Starbucks has used a Grande serving as a basis.