Breville is one of the most popular and highly trusted brands in the industry when it comes to producing high-quality and reliable espresso machines for home use.
Choosing the right Breville espresso machine comes down to looking at some of the most important details and deciding which machine fits your budget, needs, and style.
To simplify the shopping process, we have hand-selected five of the best Breville espresso machines on the market and highlighted the most important features of each.
at a glance: Our Top 5 Breville Espresso Machines
Choosing the Right Breville Espresso Machine
There are many different Breville espresso machines on the market today, and each of them showcases slightly different features and designs. The following factors are all very important to keep in mind when shopping for a new Breville espresso machine for your home.
Price and Value
Breville has many different options when it comes to different models of home espresso machines, and there is enough variance in price points that nearly all customers can find an option that fits well within their budget.
Some of the most straightforward options offered by Breville fall in the “under $400” category and some of the “bare bones” models that they offer can often be found for under $250. These models are named “Cafe Roma” and offer basic features with high quality.
The Breville Bambino is considered by many espresso enthusiasts to strike the perfect balance between quality, features, and value. It showcases enough features to craft many of the core espresso drinks while offering the quality one would expect from Breville for under $400.
Offering a bit more power and some expanded design features, the Breville Duo Temp fills the “under $500” espresso machine category with a quality machine. Many customers enjoy the sleek and shiny metallic design and integrated tamper tool holder area.
The Barista Express is one of the most popular models that Breville produces, and it essentially offers all of the tools to turn your kitchen at home into a miniature coffee shop. It is modeled after a traditional Italian espresso machine, and costs under $800.
The Breville Barista Touch is essentially an automatic version of the Barista Express, as it is built on the same base machine but uses some of the latest technology on the market to make a wide variety of different espresso drinks automatically for just under $1100.
One of the highest-priced espresso machines that Breville produces is called the Oracle Touch, and it offers a similar design to the original Breville Touch, but with commercial-grade upgraded features. This is one of the highest quality professional-level espresso machines that can be purchased for home use.
It is also important to outline the difference between price and value when it comes to espresso machines. While the term “price” only refers to the total cost of an item, “value” refers to the quality of the item in comparison to its price.
Breville is one of the most highly trusted names in the home espresso machine industry, and all of their machines have a good reputation for providing solid value and durability. They have an established reputation for providing quality customer service as well.
Features and Design
Before purchasing a new home espresso machine, it is important to decide which features are most important to you. Those that only drink basic shots of espresso do not require a machine with the same amount of features as those who drink lattes and cappuccinos.
Some of the most simple machines offered by Breville are only designed with a handful of tasks in mind. These machines can make high-quality cups of espresso using professional-level parts, and are not designed to do anything else in terms of coffee beverage creation.
Those who tend to order only a handful of different espresso-based beverages on a regular basis usually enjoy the balance of value and features presented by Breville’s mid-level machines. These espresso machines offer a handful of options in terms of beverage creation without breaking the bank.
Those who live in households with multiple coffee drinkers and those who tend to work their way around the menu at their local coffee shops tend to prefer the more high-end espresso machines offered by Breville, as they are capable of making dozens of different drinks.
Some of the top machines that Breville produces are designed with ease and simplicity in mind. These high-end offerings are, essentially, “coffee robots” as they are capable of constructing entire espresso-based beverages from start to finish.
Size and Weight
One of the most overlooked factors when it comes to shopping for a new espresso machine by many customers is the overall size of the actual machine. It is always a good idea to measure the length, depth, and height of the area where you are planning to place the machine before purchasing.
In general, the more expensive espresso machines on the market showcase the most features in the largest footprint. Producers have needed to make these high-end machines fairly large in order to accommodate all of the necessary parts and gadgets.
While these high-end machines are great options for serious espresso enthusiasts who have ample space in their kitchen areas, they are not practical in smaller kitchens and are virtually impossible to cohesively work in one-bedroom and studio apartments.
There are certain kitchens that can only accommodate certain shapes of espresso machines, and slimmer machines have become very popular for this reason. Some of the best compact options on the market are designed to use disposable pods like Nespresso and K Cups.
These compact espresso machines are also great options for people who travel with their espresso machines and those who stow their machines away in between uses. This is where lightweight machines are preferred, as they are easy to pack away and take on a weekend trip.
Aesthetic and Style
Another often overlooked factor when it comes to shopping for a new espresso machine is the overall style and aesthetic of the machine itself. There are many different design styles on the market today, and it is a good idea to take a look around your kitchen before shopping.
Kitchens that are outfitted with modern appliances often feature shiny metallic finishes across the room such as stainless steel. There are many shiny metallic espresso machines on the market today that fit in well with these modern appliances.
There are other interior design aesthetics that do not lend themselves well to these shinier metallic machines, and there are many other design styles that fit better in these instances. These include matte finishes in neutral colors such as black, gray, and white.
It is also important to think about how any given machine will fit into your kitchen, as some designs are best for blending in while others are meant to be show pieces that command the focus and attention of all eyes in the room.
Retailer and Delivery Method
There are a handful of different retailers that carry Breville home espresso machine appliances, and choosing the best option comes down to personal preference, price point, and delivery method. Some retailers will price-match other major competitors even during sales.
Nearly every model of Breville machine is available through major online retailer Amazon, which is where some of the lowest prices are often found. The major drawback of using Amazon is having to wait for your package in the mail until it is delivered, as well as coordinating drop-off in some instances.
For people who prefer to take a look at their machine in person before purchasing, visiting a brick-and-mortar retailer is the best option. Many stores will have all their Breville machines out on display to compare and contrast.
Quick Overview: Our Top Picks for Breville Espresso Machines
|Breville Bambino||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
|Breville Duo Temp Pro||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
|Breville Barista Express||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
|Breville Barista Touch||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
|Breville Oracle Touch||CHECK CURRENT PRICESee Customer Reviews|
Top 5 Breville Espresso Machines
1. Breville Bambino
- Simple machine that is easy to operate and clean
- Makes high-quality espresso using durable parts and materials
- Sleek and shiny machine with a simplistic aesthetic
- One of the best options for simple cups of espresso day after day
- Very reliable and durable machine that has few “moving parts”
- Simple milk-steaming wand is easy to use and features an intuitive circular handle
- Not capable of producing more complicated espresso-based drinks
- Requires the purchase or previous ownership of a coffee grinder
- Does not feature a pressure gauge on the front to aid with the operation
2. Breville Duo Temp Pro
- Uses a low-pressure pre-infusion process to achieve the best taste possible
- Features Breville’s signature milk foaming want with a circular handle
- Dial controls are simple to use and are a favorite of many espresso enthusiasts
- Has a relatively compact frame that fits well into smaller kitchen spaces
- Stainless steel finish is sleek and blends in with modern kitchen appliances
- 15 bar pressure pump is up to par with the industry standard
- The bright and shiny finish does not fit the aesthetics of some kitchens
- Does not feature an integrated grinder, which is rare at this price point
- Some people prefer touchscreen controls to analog buttons and dials
3. Breville Barista Express
- One of Breville’s top-selling and most popular espresso machines
- Features an integrated grinder on top of the machine for trickle-down grinding
- Prominently displayed pressure gauge makes for easy operation
- Showcases nearly as many features as a full-sized commercial machine
- Has the ability to make nearly every drink on a coffee shop menu
- Integrated tamper is strategically designed for easy storage
- One of the larger machines in Breville’s lineup that takes up significant space
- Can be fairly complicated to operate and clean for some
- Price tag of just under $800 is far too high for some
4. Breville Barista Touch
- Features the same popular design as the Barista Express with a touchscreen
- Touch screen design is simple to understand and operate
- Machine is pre-programmed to assemble espresso-based drinks from scratch
- Pre-loaded drinks can all be customized to your liking
- Allows for different user profiles so every family member can set up their own drinks
- One of the top-selling models offered by Breville
- Fairly large machine that is not a good fit for smaller kitchens
- Price tag will scare away the majority of budget-minded customers
- Not all people enjoy high each machine with electric touchscreen controls
5. Breville Oracle Touch
- Features industrial-sized espresso bean hopper and grinder
- All parts are of high-end professional quality
- Features the ability to handle commercial levels of volume
- One of the most durable and reliable machines on the market
- Ability to pre-load and customize many different espresso-based drinks
- Top-tier machine that offers the highest possible quality from Breville
- Very pricy machine that costs over $2000 on average
- Features a dark design that does not fit in well with all kitchens
- One of the larger machines on the market, it is very heavy
Best Breville Espresso Machine – Final Thoughts
Breville is one of the top manufacturers of high-quality espresso machines designed and marketed for home use, and they have enough different machine models in their lineup to appease nearly all espresso enthusiasts.
While all of their machines are considered to be of high quality, the Breville Barista Express offers the best balance of features, quality, and value for the widest variety of customers.
Click here to take a look at the Barista Express, and see if it is a good fit for your home or office!